Harry Potter

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

I found it incredible that the entire HP universe existed in the author's imagination before being introduced to the world. And now quidditch societies are everywhere and there are references to the different dormitories and spells in many conversations. Very impressive.
Richy yaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: Android

Post by Richy yaw »

I loved "Harry Potter " as kid and I still live it as an adult. Read the book and watched the movies. My son loved it too
Dauria04
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

I've read the first two books of the series and I plan to continue because I'm interested in knowing more about the marauders. I love the movies and I've seen them many times over the years.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

Oh I absolutely love HP. I grew up with the series and it's quite a big part of my childhood. Forever will have a spot in my heart. Although I do have to say that there's definitely some moral dilemma about liking it now because of the author
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

Oh I absolutely love HP. I grew up with the series and it's quite a big part of my childhood. Forever will have a spot in my heart. Although I do have to say that there's definitely some moral dilemma about liking it now because of the author
Katia Riggi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Katia Riggi »

I watched every single film more than 5 times each! I simply love the saga, and recommend everybody to see it once at least. I haven't read the books though, but that's one of my next goals💪🏻
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I am unfortunately also one of those that have watched all the HP movies numerous times and not read a single one of the books! They are definitely on my bucket list to do.
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

I've seen all the Harry Potter movie parts a lot more than normal and I have no regrets every time. I simply hide my head in shame whenever the books are mentioned. I keep procrastinating reading them
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Stephanie Parker 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-parker-3.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Stephanie Parker 3 »

I don't believe that it is necessary to see the books first. I have done it both ways with various book turned into movies. I do think that the books are worth a read still, particularly because there are scenes and characters that are portrayed differently between the two formats. Personally I have always approached movies based off of books as "inspired by" that way I don't have certain expectations going in and I am more likely to enjoy the experience.

I wouldn't worry about reading Fantastic Beasts as much since it isn't a novel in the way that Harry Potter is.
Heidi James 1
Currently Reading: Niching Up
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Heidi James 1 »

If I am honest, I love books... but I have never read one Harry Potter book. All my Harry Potter knowledge stems from movies. Can anyone tell me the difference in experience between reading the books and watching the movies?
Claire Twy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

The Virgo Speaks wrote: 06 Dec 2016, 23:03 This may be against the rules of the nerd association (of which I am a proud member), but I have seen every single Harry Potter movie an extensive amount of times and have never read any of the books. I plan to do so, however, before I die. I also plan on reading Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by J. K. Rowling before i see the movie.
I read all of the original books (meaning until The Deathly Hallows) and watched all the eight movies. I have not read the Cursed Child and do not plan to do so because based on what I've seen, I would like to maintain the magic of the original series and not taint it with knowledge that Voldemort and Bellatrix were lovers. The Fantastic Beasts movies were quite interesting and offered a fresh perspective on the world but the recent one was quite disappointing in terms of plot.
Jakub Bystrowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

I watched the movies before reading the book. There's nothing wrong with that. They're both exceptional.
Shane Lucey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-lucey.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shane Lucey »

Hubre De Klerk wrote: 29 Sep 2022, 13:20 I am unfortunately also one of those that have watched all the HP movies numerous times and not read a single one of the books! They are definitely on my bucket list to do.
It is not unheard of to be able to knock one of the books out in a single day or weekend. They seem rather lengthy but the font size and spacing are quite large.
Lora van der Vaart

Post by Lora van der Vaart »

I love all of the books
But Harry Potter and the goblet of fire is my favorite book.
Jessica McAleer

Post by Jessica McAleer »

My favourite book series ever

Return to “Films and Books”