Harry Potter

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Inge van Tonder »

Oh my gosh! It is so worth to read the books! There are so many things you are missing! I am a super huge Harry Potter and Fantastic beasts fan and read the books almost every year before I have as movie marathon of the films again :lol:
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

This was one of my favorite movies, but I don't claim to be a potterhead. It’s because I've always been interested in stories involving magic, so this one piques my interest. When it comes to my situation, I've already seen most of it and haven't read any of the books yet.
Adekeye-Hassan A
Currently Reading: The Christmas Pig
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Adekeye-Hassan A »

Although it may be bad, but I actually did not read any fantastic beasts book, thank God I watched the movie. It was so superbly executed and the vivid description helped me in understand some of the beasts.
Julia J 1
Currently Reading: The Priory of the Orange Tree
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-j-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Julia J 1 »

I would definitely suggest you read the books but with a warning that the first few are written for a children's audience. By book four the author has transitioned the story into Young Adult. The first few have a simpler writing style and less detail. Most people grew up reading these books so it makes sense that they would 'age up' . I would still recommend reading them, just be aware of this fact.
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

I've watched the HP movies several times and watched the first 2 Fantastic Beasts movies. I'm super excited to see Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore this year!! :D :D
I don't know if I should be admitting this publically, but I've never read any of the books.
Bibi Farheen K
Currently Reading: Lore of Light Volume 1
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibi-farheen-k.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Bibi Farheen K »

I have read all the books and seen all the movies. Your post is reminding me to do that all over again! I need to complete my book collection though.
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jordan Abio »

Who doesn't love Harry Porter? I have seen all the movies and read the books and I have to say that they're fantastic. One of the best things you could watch or read.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

I am ashamed to say, that I am in the same situation. I have watched the movies hundreds of times, but I didn't have the chance to buy and read the books. One day I hope I will have the chance to own all the Harry Potter books.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I have all the movies on Amazon prime but I have never read the books.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

The Fantastic Beasts and where to find them book isn't really connected to the plot of the movies, its more like a Harry Potter Hogwarts course book, however I'm sure the screenplay is available. The movies are all fantastic
shilpa khanom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpa-khanom.html
Latest Review: Black, White, and Gray All Over by Frederick Douglass Reynolds

Post by shilpa khanom »

Lockdown and the major trend of dracotok etc along with talk of reunions made me finally take a look at the books and I have no idea how I didn't before now! I'd see bits of the movies as a child but I think I was a little intimidated by amount one had to know to be considered a true fan. Now having read the books, the films which before seemed so thorough now seem to miss out everything in the books but I still find them to be my comfort films. Because of the incredible fandom and the amount of material, Harry Potter really is a world you can get lost in.
Faatimah Noormahomed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faatimah-noormahomed.html
Latest Review: Karrana by Anne Skyvington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Faatimah Noormahomed »

I also watched the movies first and then read the books after! One of the only times I've done this. But the movies were done sooo well! After reading the books I can definitely say they tried to stay as true to the books as possible, and the movies are some of my favourite movies of all time.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I read the books after I saw the movies. I do not think the movies did the books justice, there is just too much that was left out. Harry is more of a character in the movies and is less dependent on his friends. Almost his entire friendship with Dobby is left out of the movies. Peeves are left out. The moment he won over Kreacher is left out. The ending in the book is for me so much more spectacular than in the books.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

The HP movies are pretty good! If you enjoyed the movies, I really think you'll find the books even more enjoyable. There are scenes and events in the books that didn't make the movie cut.
crispreviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crispreviews.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by crispreviews »

The Virgo Speaks wrote: 06 Dec 2016, 23:03 This may be against the rules of the nerd association (of which I am a proud member), but I have seen every single Harry Potter movie an extensive amount of times and have never read any of the books. I plan to do so, however, before I die. I also plan on reading Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by J. K. Rowling before i see the movie.
Me as well! Never read any of the book, but show watch the movies of Harry Potter!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Films and Books”