Pirates of the Caribbean

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Hanane Aoun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by Hanane Aoun »

I really enjoyed watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series starring Johnny Depp, and it was truly amazing. However, recent news about a new installment after the last film in 2017 has surfaced. The disappointing part is that Johnny Depp won't be reprising his role as the hero, which saddens me because Captain Jack Sparrow, to me, is synonymous with Johnny. It feels like the character and the story were crafted specifically for him. He's a genius, and I sincerely hope a new installment without him won't happen.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

I assure you, it'll be nearly impossible to make the movie work without Johnny Depp, and he is not coming back, plus Disney can't make good movies anymore.
Bradley Twesten
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Isn't Jack Sparrow sort of the anti-hero. Guess I need to look up that definition. I heard Jason Momoa will be starring in the remakes.
msinbox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by msinbox »

Momoa is good, but that movie is incomplete without Depp
Ambar Gill
Currently Reading: Throne of Power
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Ambar Gill »

Completely agree. He is the franchise. I remember reading this news when it came out and thinking no one could ever compare to Johnny. He is, and always will be, Captian Jack Sparrow, and you can't have a worthwhile pirates movie without him.
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
human reader

Post by human reader »

I'm not too optimistic about how it will turn out, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. I just want more fun movies.
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Bradley Twesten »

human reader wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 10:08 I'm not too optimistic about how it will turn out, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. I just want more fun movies.
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I thought it was more of a serious(ish) movie until maybe a good 20-30 minutes in.
human reader

Post by human reader »

Bradley Twesten wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 09:33
human reader wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 10:08 I'm not too optimistic about how it will turn out, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. I just want more fun movies.
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I thought it was more of a serious(ish) movie until maybe a good 20-30 minutes in.
The original might have been more serious. I think they leaned into the comedy as the series progressed and people loved the sense of humor it had.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

I personally like the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, particularly the first three films: "The Curse of the Black Pearl," "Dead Man's Chest," and "At World's End." These films, directed by Gore Verbinski, are my favorite for their swashbuckling action, humor, and memorable characters, including Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp.
Lupita Widyaningrum
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Lupita Widyaningrum »

I love the storyline of Pirates of the Caribbean. I love how Johny Depp portraying the character of Captain Jack Sparrow. It was funny and mesmerizing movie

Return to “Films and Books”