Thirteen Reasons Why Netflix Series

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Thirteen Reasons Why Netflix Series

Post by Amagine »

Did anyone read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher? Are you going to watch the Netflix series that just came out based on it? I am and I hope they don't mess anything uo.

Honestly, I have no idea how they are turning it into a series. Maybe an episode per chapter?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

Every side of each tape is one episode. For example, Episode One would be Tape 1 Side A, while episode 2 would be Tape 1 Side B, so on and so forth.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Yep, I'm watching it now....it's actually pretty good. I usually hate when the film is different from the book but I actually like this one! I'm on this site and binge watching the show all at the same time lol
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I'm really looking forward to this one! I've heard great things!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

klbradley wrote:I'm really looking forward to this one! I've heard great things!
Yes! You have to watch it when you have the chance. I'm still watching it now and it's getting more interesting. So Netflix did a pretty good job!

StefanieAH
Currently Reading: Midnight Kisses: An Erotic Friends-with-Benefits Sports Romance
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by StefanieAH »

I haven't actually read the book, though I really want to, but I finished the Netflix series in one day. I thought it was extremely good, I was bound to it the minut it began. Without spoiling anything I just want to say that I think it's amazing that they don't try and hide the "ugly" things, they show things as they really are. AMAZING. The series made me want to read the book even more!
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

StefanieAH wrote:I haven't actually read the book, though I really want to, but I finished the Netflix series in one day. I thought it was extremely good, I was bound to it the minut it began. Without spoiling anything I just want to say that I think it's amazing that they don't try and hide the "ugly" things, they show things as they really are. AMAZING. The series made me want to read the book even more!
I agree! It's very realistic in the Netflix series. They show all the horrible things because it tells a better story about why some people made the choices they made. I encourage you to read the book too! I had fun comparing and contrasting them while I was watching the series.

Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I've read the book and I plan on watching the netflix series since it seems like it's only getting great reviews!
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Sarah_Khan wrote:I've read the book and I plan on watching the netflix series since it seems like it's only getting great reviews!
Yes watch it! It was really good! :D

ollesternberg
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ollesternberg »

Sarah_Khan wrote:I've read the book and I plan on watching the netflix series since it seems like it's only getting great reviews!

Yup!!! it's amazing
:o :lol:
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

I hope there is a season 2! Even though...I don't know how they are going to structure it next time around.

Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Amagine wrote:I hope there is a season 2! Even though...I don't know how they are going to structure it next time around.
I just finished watching the whole series and I feel like with all the cliffhangers they left... it's almost guaranteed there will be another season. :P There are a lot of theories online as to how they would structure it. I remember reading one where they think Tyler will hold the other kids hostage at school and then the rest of the series will be looking back and seeing what led to it.
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Sarah_Khan wrote:
Amagine wrote:I hope there is a season 2! Even though...I don't know how they are going to structure it next time around.
I just finished watching the whole series and I feel like with all the cliffhangers they left... it's almost guaranteed there will be another season. :P There are a lot of theories online as to how they would structure it. I remember reading one where they think Tyler will hold the other kids hostage at school and then the rest of the series will be looking back and seeing what led to it.
You're right. There are so many cliffhangers that there HAS to be a season 2! (Yay!!!!) I wonder what they are going to do about Hannah's character though. I wonder if she's going to play a role in the next season.

KiMB00P
Bookshelf Size: 118

Post by KiMB00P »

I haven't started watching it yet. A coworker actually was just telling me about the Netflix show yesterday and I also had no idea that it's based on the book. Another one added to my "to read" list.
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

KiMB00P wrote:I haven't started watching it yet. A coworker actually was just telling me about the Netflix show yesterday and I also had no idea that it's based on the book. Another one added to my "to read" list.
Read the book first and then compare it to the show. You'll love the differences. :D

Return to “Films and Books”