Pirates of the Caribbean

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by ayoomisope »

Samy Lax wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 12:12 The Black Pearl without a doubt. It turned out to be the funniest, most coherent, and complete picture of them all by a long shot.
I couldn't have worded it any better. All of the other installments feel like add-ons especially the last one.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

KRay93 wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 13:27 The Curse of the Black Pearl. The rest are lesser attempts to recapture the magic of the original even if entertaining by moments (especially Dead Man's Chest). The "fantastic" elements along the series became increasingly exaggerated, not to mention the action sequences. The music did remain constant in the initial trilogy as well as the production values, but nothing surpasses the impact of Johnny Deep's character in the first, the dynamic with Barbosa (very good villain, although Davy Jones was quite good) and the overall feeling of satisfaction once you finish seeing it.
The villain of the last installment was sub-par. Barbosa and Davy Jones were awesome, however.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

I agree, the first and third are the funniest, best to me. That said, they haven't done a bad one yet. The last one definitely looked like they were setting up for number 6. I wonder how long it will be until it's announced.
elinadsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elinadsy.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by elinadsy »

I loved At Worlds End, which isn't an opinion many seem to share with me lol. I just loved all of it, I thought it was an epic conclusion and gorgeous and fun to watch. I've been soured on the series ever since it came out Depp physically abused his wife though.
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by Nena_Morena »

Though all of them are special, "The Curse Of The Black Pearl" has always been my favorite. It was a new and exciting idea, the story was very captivating and Jhonny Depp as Jack Sparrow stole the show. The others didn't have the same spark as the first one.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It's been years since I watched the Pirates of the Caribbean. The movie is generally good.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Anabiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Anabiya »

The film was directed very beautifully and I loved the character of Johnny Depp. It was such a pleasure to watch the movie till the end because of Captain Jack Sparrow. His naughty and witty dialogues were very catchy.
I viewed the dubbed version of the movie so it was helping me to have the real fun it holds.
Olisa daniel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Olisa daniel »

Pirates of Caribbean is a great story and has a really interesting movie behind so it's a must watch and a must read

People should actually read it
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

The first movie is my favorite because the ideas in the movie was new everything seemed fresh. The more I watch the series, the more joke like they become to me.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

I liked the Black Pearl because it was the first and most exciting. We were introduced to the characters and setting for the first time, and there is something special about that.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

For me, nothing beats the first installment of this movie… all the original casts had great chemistry and the story was fresh and very much entertaining.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

With pirates,its really difficult to pick one over the other.I found all of them to be hilarious and quite impacting.I will however pick fountain of youth.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

I've seen them all.
but honestly, as a big fan of the series - best thing to do is just take the first as a solo.
maybe have the trilogy if you're feeling kind. but 4 onwards have been absolutely appalling im amazed a 6th is happening.
they should let it die before they destroy the legacy.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Can't choose one because I like them all. The story is good and always have connection. And the acting of Jhonny Depp makes it a great piece of work. So I would rather say I love them all and waiting for the next movie 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Jubjub
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jubjub »

I loved all of the POC but the first one is always the best

Return to “Films and Books”