Liked Black Adam Movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Anu Jikku
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-jikku.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Icon Liked Black Adam Movie?

Post by Anu Jikku »

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Black Adam failed to impress me, as I expected more histrionics from Dwayne Johnson. I felt disconnected from the Justice Society members Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Cyclone and Atom Smasher as they were not given enough introduction. Do you think Black Adam was a typical DC movie? Did you like it?
Wild tales of an intrepid, curly mom!

Yours truly,
SomewhatMom
Bradley Twesten
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Like it...no. It was very predictable and just seemed to rehash every other superhero trope. I agree that the Justice Society was portrayed horribly. I hear they are going to pull some of them again for another movie. I used to love DC when they seemed border close to a possible reality. More drama and acting chops, less lasers and fantasy characters. Too much computer animation now.

I do have to keep myself in check though. I'm a grown man. If I were a kid, I probably would have loved all the lasers and ships and goofy creatures.
msinbox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by msinbox »

Loved it. Most superhero movies are all about being naïve people trying to do the best they can and then falling on their face. This one does a good job of going against that standard/archaic trope.
Heroes are fine, but anti-heroes give an interesting alternative perspective.
But most importantly, it was fun.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I haven't seen the movie but I heard it's an amazing movie. Although some people condemned it, but I don't care I would love to watch a movie that featured Dwayne Johnson.

Return to “Films and Books”