What is your dream book-to-movie adaptation?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
David Medinas
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 19
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Icon What is your dream book-to-movie adaptation?

Post by David Medinas »

Hey guys :)
What is your dream book-to-movie adaptation? And if you know, what actors and directors would you cast :?:
Here's mine:
We desperately need a new adaptation of The Island of Doctor Moreau. The last adaptation was disappointing -except for Fairuza Balk who did a great job considering her character is not canon.
I would cast Willem Dafoe as the eccentric Dr. Moreau! He's just perfect with his unhinged face! LOL
I would put Robert Eggers as a production designer -his work in The Witch and The Lighthouse is remarkable- but I DO feel he needs help with his dialogue scripts. So I would put someone else as the director :eusa-think:
What about you guys? :D
Bradley Twesten
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Bradley Twesten »

When I was a kid I was completely swept up into Raymond E Feist's medieval world of the Riftwar Saga. Very great development of the characters and storyline over several generations. Just googled and I see he has some newer stuff. Maybe I should hide away and read some. I don't care about the actors, but I would love it to be more serious movie making. Keep it like game of thrones presentation. Not Marvel or DC'ish.

Return to “Films and Books”