Which do you enjoy more: Anime or Manga

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Alexandra Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandra-rita.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Re: Which do you enjoy more: Anime or Manga

Post by Alexandra Rita »

Anime wins hands down. It is my favorite
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

For me, manga beats anime by far. In short, I've got to say I prefer reading than watching anything.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hee-via.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

This depends on what i’m watching or reading for example I prefer the anime for non-romance like a sports anime or superhero anime because the manga could get confusing but for romance then it’s definitely manga.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

Anirudh Badri wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 15:22 While I enjoy both anime and manga, I prefer to read the manga in most cases simply because the progression of the story in anime is usually very slow and I can control the pace of the manga far better.

What do you think? Which do you enjoy more and why?
Okay this actually makes sense the anime can be really slow sometimes
Melbie Bie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melbie-bie.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Melbie Bie »

I love Manga so much.
bre2014
Favorite Book: The Stolen Heir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bre2014.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by bre2014 »

I feel the manga gives you a good foundation of the story, but it comes to life better in anime.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

For me i’d have to say it’s depending on what i’m reading so for action i prefer anime but manga when it comes to more of romance
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

Anime brings the characters more to life though so all in all i think i’m more of an anime fan.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

aby johnson wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 22:03 I haven't actually read any manga and i do quite enjoy anime. I love attack on Titan and i wanted to read the manga to know the story. Can anyone suggest some manga for a new commer? Thanks. And give me a list of top best anime.
For anime i’d recommebd the popular ones like my hero academia, demon slayer, jujutsu kaisen you can start of with those im sure you would love them.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

bre2014 wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 22:58 I discovered manga not too long ago. Reading them is like watching the anime all over again. I prefer to watch the anime first to get a feel of the characters and setting, then read the manga.
I have never actually thought of it this way but it makes me look at it in a different way now, reading manga after anime does sound like it would give you more of the feel of the anime again.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:

Post by Hee Via »

Daisydreamer wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 22:44 I find manga hard to follow... still haven’t figured out quite how to read them properly. I’m not into anime anymore but I think I prefer anime more. Still the manga is going to be the best for the true story.
I had some troubles when i started reading manga as well but along the line i got used to it and started enjoying it more so i’m sure with time you’d be familiar with it more.
Kirana Lin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Kirana Lin »

I'd say it depends since I have specific aspects that I love from both. I love anime because I could watch the fight scenes in action and hear their voices and emotions. I love manga because there aren't any fillers and it's fast-paced enough to make me keep turning the pages impatiently. Like in the case of Bleach, I prefer the anime, but with One Piece, I prefer the manga.
Fester John
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fester-john.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Fester John »

Animation are much better withe and my son we can't sleep if we haven't watched one or two animation in a day
Shreya Joseph
Currently Reading: Swimming in a Sea of Stars
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Shreya Joseph »

I enjoy both anime and manga. Both have their own charms, distinct advantages, and qualities that I appreciate. I get enjoyable and engaging experiences as a fan. Let me list out some reasons as to why I love each category:

Anime:
    Visual and auditory experience: Anime brings stories to life with vibrant visuals, expressive animations, and captivating soundtracks. The combination of visuals and music can enhance the emotional impact and immerse viewers in the story.
      Voice acting: Anime often features talented voice actors who bring the characters to life through their performances. Hearing the characters speak adds depth and personality to their portrayal.
        Dynamic action sequences: The animated format allows for dynamic and visually stunning action scenes that can be thrilling to watch.
          Adaptations: Anime adaptations can bring beloved manga or light novels to life, allowing fans to see their favorite stories and characters animated.

Manga:
            Immersive reading experience: Reading manga allows for a more intimate and immersive experience, as readers can set their own pace and engage with the story at their own leisure.
              Artistic expression: Manga showcases unique art styles and panel layouts, which can be visually appealing and enhance the storytelling.
                Originality and pacing: Manga often presents stories in their original form, without adaptations or alterations. This allows for a more direct and unfiltered experience of the author's vision and storytelling.
                  Availability of content: Manga often has a wider range of stories and genres available, catering to diverse interests and allowing readers to discover new narratives.
                  Abraham Dainty
                  Currently Reading: Bluebeard's Curse
                  Bookshelf Size: 13
                  Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-dainty.html
                  Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Abraham Dainty »

i've read quite a number of mangas and exponentially more animes. Mangas are more indepth compared to anime and for that reason i prefeer to watch and enjoy the aesthetics of the anime before diving into the depths of the manga. Reading a manga before watching its anime for me is often disappointing cos it's a huge spoiler and i have nothing much to look upto the anime for.

Return to “Films and Books”