Tell us about one movie you can never forget about

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Angela_Ezekiel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: Tell us about one movie you can never forget about

Post by Angela_Ezekiel »

The animation "Zootopia" reminds me that I can do and be anything I want if I work hard enough for it.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

Mine's an easy one: Lord of the Rings, especially Two Towers and The Return of the King. There's just so many great moments.
Dror M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dror-m.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward

Post by Dror M »

There are so many! But for now, let me mention The Lord of The Rings.
I am a long-time Tolkien fan. And I loved the films. The casting was perfect. The atmosphere and the visuals the drama the action the romance the humor... just wonderful. I probably watched them 5-6 times...
Joseph waruru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-waruru.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Joseph waruru »

In to the badlands
Karen Zelaya
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Karen Zelaya »

“The notebook” and “Pride and Prejudice”, my favorite movies of all time. How they fall in love in such a pure way, but have problems being together. Finally love always win and end up being together. I’m never getting over Noah and Mr. Darcy!
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Legacy: Wisdom of African Traditions and the Bible by Chris Morehouse

Post by Marina Flisvou »

"Schindler's List" is a movie from 1993, directed by Steven Spielberg. It's about a man named Oskar Schindler who saved many Jewish people during World War II. The movie is unforgettable because it shows the terrible things that happened during the Holocaust. It's well-made, with great acting and music. The movie is in black and white, which makes it even more powerful. It's important because it helps us remember the past and how people can do good things even in very bad times. It's a movie that teaches us about history and the kindness of people when things are tough.
Marina
Marina Flisvou
Latest Review: Legacy: Wisdom of African Traditions and the Bible by Chris Morehouse

Post by Marina Flisvou »

"Schindler's List" is a movie from 1993, directed by Steven Spielberg. It's about a man named Oskar Schindler who saved many Jewish people during World War II. The movie is unforgettable because it shows the terrible things that happened during the Holocaust. It's well-made, with great acting and music. The movie is in black and white, which makes it even more powerful. It's important because it helps us remember the past and how people can do good things even in very bad times. It's a movie that teaches us about history and the kindness of people when things are tough.
Marina
Marina Flisvou

Post by Marina Flisvou »

"Schindler's List," a movie made by Steven Spielberg in 1993, is a very powerful and unforgettable film. It's based on a true story about a man named Oskar Schindler, who saved the lives of over a thousand Jewish people during World War II, especially during the Holocaust when many were killed.

This movie is unforgettable because it shows us just how terrible things were during that time. The director, Steven Spielberg, did an amazing job, and the actors were fantastic. The music in the film is also very moving.

One unique thing about the movie is that it's all in black and white. This makes it look like old, historical footage, which adds to its impact.

The story makes us think about right and wrong and how even in really hard times, people can do good things. It's a way to remember the past and learn about history. Teachers often use it to help students understand what happened during the Holocaust.

In the end, "Schindler's List" is a movie that stays with you, reminding us that even in the worst of times, there can be moments of bravery and kindness. It's a film that teaches us about history and the strength of the human spirit.
Marina
Nitin_Mehra
Currently Reading: Batman
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nitin_Mehra »

Oldboy
Nitin_Mehra
Currently Reading: Batman
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nitin_Mehra »

Oldboy
alsafa bhy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by alsafa bhy »

“Zootopia” it is the rare animated Disney film that feels like it was made for adults almost as much as children. It's colorful, fun, and has a good message
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Runan »

My favourite movie is “Shawshank Redemption”. I will never forget that movie. The screenplay is simply amazing. Love every bit of the movie. The director ties the loose ends of the movie very well. The movie runs with Morgan Freeman’s narration. He narrates it really well. There is a hint of humour and sarcasm combined in his narration. You feel for the protagonist and wish he gets out of prison. The protagonist faces many obstacles and finally breaks free. I could feel his freedom. The development of the Red character is amusing. Red does not believe at first that Andy (the protagonist) has not committed a crime. But later with substantial proof. He believes him and he feels bad for the fate of Andy. It's a nice movie with lots of drama.
Runan
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Zanne Crystle »

I absolutely love Edge of Tomorrow! It's one of my all-time faves. I've seen it so many times and I always find it super entertaining.
Idealimanoa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maiv.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Idealimanoa »

I watched recently the animated movie "Ernest and Celestine" when they first met. I liked the movie because the drawings were simple and sophisticated at the same time. Furthermore, the context of the movie reflects our society's problems now, the author wanted to give some solutions to us, that impact my conception of the world. The happy ending is meaningful.
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Zanne Crystle »

Resident Evil and The Fifth Element. Both because of Milla Jovovich. I love seeing her on screen.

Return to “Films and Books”