What's your genre preference?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Re: What's your genre preference?

Post by Mayang Bature »

For me, it frequently crosses over with drama and psychological suspense. I'm not into romance.
Claire Twy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Gravy wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 06:37 Do you watch things similar to what you read? Or are your tastes completely different in movies and T.V. compared to books?

Personally, I tend toward different things, though much of my taste crosses over.
I like reading fantasy and psychological thrillers along with mystery books or just books in the suspense genre. When it comes to movies though, I love a lot of action, although sci-fi and fantasy films are definitely up there too.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

My favourite genre in terms of movies is adventure. Watching Lord of the Rings at a younger age was what got me hooked on adventure movies. Since then, I have watched a dozens of them.

When it comes to books, my favourite genre is self-help books. Self-help books have shaped my life in ways I can't imagine.
Ivy bella
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivy bella »

Being a film maker I would say my taste for movies and books are same. I love psychological thrillers, sci fiction, drama, crime and horror movies. The only difference is I don't read horror novels,I literally live in my head so when I read a book I literally paint a picture of it in my head which leaves me scared but when I watch horror, I only see what the director intends viewers to see and I know its all sfx, green screen and editing so it does not terrifies me, lol
lily-789
Currently Reading: The Diamond Eye
Bookshelf Size: 76

Post by lily-789 »

Drama, Action, History, Comedy, Adventure, Musicals
Sop_hie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sop_hie »

I find that I tend to watch programmes that are crime dramas which is similar to what I read. I do find I tend to read more factual books than fictional books whereas I watch fictional crime dramas mainly rather than factual crime documentaries.
dealogically
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dealogically.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the things that really matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by dealogically »

My choice of genre depends on the mood. Sometimes romance, fantasy, comedy, slice of life, or criminal. But lately I tend to choose a lighter slice of life.
Shane Lucey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-lucey.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shane Lucey »

I certainly gravitate toward high fantasy, but try to incorporate other genres that align with my professional goals as well.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I tend to like the same things. When a I see a movie I like, I try to find the book - if it existes and read it. The same goes the other way, if I like a novel and there's a filme about it, I try to find it and see it.
AllTooWell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

Gravy wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 06:37 Do you watch things similar to what you read? Or are your tastes completely different in movies and T.V. compared to books?

Personally, I tend toward different things, though much of my taste crosses over.
I have a bigger range when it comes to books, I like romance, mysteries, and historical fiction, but I've read so much more. I tend to watch romance, family-friendly movies, and series.
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

My favorite genre is Historical Fiction. However, I will pretty much read anything. I like to watch a good Historical Fiction drama series.
Adeola Adedotun

Post by Adeola Adedotun »

Romance and love
Jakub Bystrowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

No, I do not. My taste in books is romance, but I love movies that are about fiction and fantasy. My best is the Game of thrones. I enjoy the movie but find the book boring.
Meatballs022

Post by Meatballs022 »

Romcom all the way!
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

My opinion is that I think I'm fine with everything. It's hard for me to decide what's best with things like this sometimes, and I guess I just don't mind, as long as it's good.

Return to “Films and Books”