Marvel or DC?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Ifeomaa42
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Prince
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Marvel or DC?

Post by Ifeomaa42 »

I am going with marvel here, I don't feel like DC gives me enough action just like I want I mean look at end game... That one one hell of a movie❣️
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

Probably Marvel. I haven't watched a lot of DC so.
dicky1234
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter series, #6) by J.K. Rowling.
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by dicky1234 »

Everyone has different choices but mine is marvel. They are really cool.
Samuel Mamo
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-mamo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Samuel Mamo »

Marvel is better I think. if it is measured from the current time.
Alexa Dimkpa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexa-dimkpa.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Alexa Dimkpa »

This has always been a hard pick for me because I equally love Marvel live action movies and DC animations. So for animated shows and movies, I go with DC but for live action movies and shows, Marvel has it.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Kathryn Price wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 23:38 I was surprised there wasn't a topic about this already. Which comic book movies do you like better, Marvel or DC? Why or why not? Do you read comics? Which movies of your chosen category do you think were done best or worst?

My personal pick is Marvel all the way. Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy wasn't bad, but I hated Batman vs Superman and I haven't seen Wonder Woman or Justice League. I have not read comics before, but I am thinking about getting into them because I like Marvel's characters so much. My favorite Marvel movies are The Avengers and Captain America: Civil War. However, I think Thor: Ragnarok was terrible and shouldn't have been made as a comedy.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with me?
I'm a hardcore Marvel fan all the way but Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy have to be some of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. Marvel really excels at foreshadowing and tying every movie together. They also have great character development and cause you to fall in love with, empathise with or vehemently hate their characters. I would say that's something that's missing in most DC movies. I like Aquaman, Wonder Woman and The Suicide Squad but then again the last one was also made by the guy who directed the Guardians of the Galaxy movies which I love.
Kiaron Smith
Currently Reading: Vagabond

Post by Kiaron Smith »

the marvel are really good. thoroughly recommend them the best series has got to ever be Hawkeye or S.H.I.E.L.D. ANY ONE RECOMMEND ANY NEW ONES?
Bello Qudus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-qudus.html
Latest Review: The Lady J Experiment by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bello Qudus »

When I was a child it's was Dc but now it's Marvel Universe
Ayomikun Babalola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomikun-babalola.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Ayomikun Babalola »

I prefer Marvel movies, DC feels too dark and sad. I've read a spiderman few comics, and I love nearly all the marvel movies. Especially Loki.
Areeba M
Currently Reading: Vicious
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areeba-m.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areeba M »

I do prefer the Marvel universe. It has more variety, especially with the cast that they select.
I haven't read many comics of either. Though I did grow up watching DC animated shows. Nowadays I lean more towards Marvel.
GIDEON V 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GIDEON V 1 »

If they give Marvel or DC I of course choose the Marvel because their comics are so charactericstic
and also I love their movies so and the comics has lot of characters and one of my favourite character is Scarlet Witch.Her power is such awesome and powerful than others
Zaynnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynnie.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by Zaynnie »

Marvel is still my favourite, the avenger series and eternals are a favourite of mine. I don't see myself watching batman or superman but I'd watch Captain America and Thor anytime
Elijah0007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah0007.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Elijah0007 »

This has always been tricky. Personally, I think DC just hasn't had enough movies to stand up to marvel. It's marvel for me.
josephinemmarsh
Currently Reading: Dutch Girl

Post by josephinemmarsh »

Marvel all the way, I never really read the comics but got hooked onto the movies. The comics were just so daunting to try and get into. I never knew where to start. As for DC, I think it was just a complete flop (aside from some of the superman movies). Maybe if they had the same success (or at least if the movies weren't just complete train wrecks) then maybe I would think differently.
Emidio Inocencio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio-inocencio.html
Latest Review: Diamond J&G Manor Parlay Gambling House by Sylvie L Gionet
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Emidio Inocencio »

I think Marvel does better Movies and DC does better cartoons. But I prefer Marvel

Return to “Films and Books”