Marvel or DC?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
francoboquil19
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Marvel or DC?

Post by francoboquil19 »

MARVEL I dont know maybe because I dont like the personality of batman :D
tvess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by tvess »

Zilelabelle wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 12:40 And for the love of little green apples, could they just scrap anything having to do with Danny Rand and his pathetic portrayal of the annoying Immortal Iron Fist? That would be great, thanks :)
I agree entirely. He was the worst part of the Defenders. His role could have been interesting, every other character in his series was great. I think it would be fine if he was replaced by Colleen Wing.
BookMarkedReviews
Currently Reading: The Three Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookmarkedreviews.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by BookMarkedReviews »

I personally love DC comics - as in the actual comics - but movies-wise I really like Marvel. The films are always so enjoyable (even if they're not particularly accurate).
Simisimion
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simisimion.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Simisimion »

Marvel comics are simply amazing, I not really a big fan of DC comics, and speaking of bat man, I can't stand him. All the dark cape and moody character, that I don't admire. But the genius play boy and philanthropist, Tony Stark remains my favorite, he's really good with humor, (something I think batman lacks)
samir254

Post by samir254 »

According to me marvel is far much better.comics, heros very dope.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

DC has nice plot but they are not able to put it on screen properly whereas Marvel is best in everything. The most disappointing movies by DC was Justice League. It could have been so much better.
-R
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

I have always been a fan of Marvel world basing from the movies. I just didn't put as much interest to DC. Though i have not read the comics I love the Marvel characters more. And i feel like the Marvel world gives it a more kick.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

That's a tough one for me because I have my favourites both ways but I'll say Marvel.
DesireeRose
Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by DesireeRose »

Marvel wins for me. I love the characters, and I feel like they are more diverse than DC.
LoneWolf63845
Currently Reading:

Post by LoneWolf63845 »

Kathryn Price wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 23:38 I was surprised there wasn't a topic about this already. Which comic book movies do you like better, Marvel or DC? Why or why not? Do you read comics? Which movies of your chosen category do you think were done best or worst?

My personal pick is Marvel all the way. Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy wasn't bad, but I hated Batman vs Superman and I haven't seen Wonder Woman or Justice League. I have not read comics before, but I am thinking about getting into them because I like Marvel's characters so much. My favorite Marvel movies are The Avengers and Captain America: Civil War. However, I think Thor: Ragnarok was terrible and shouldn't have been made as a comedy.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with me?
i agree with you some of the story lines now are way off the comics. wonder woman wasn't a bad movie at all compared to batman vs superman that movie was bad . Avengers are far the best because there so many fav characters in there where DC are mainly spread out
kdot

Post by kdot »

DC anyday,some marvel superheroes are boring
Ritch_Bentley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritch-bentley.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Ritch_Bentley »

Marvel. Hands down. I think Dark Knight is the only DC universe movie that can compare. Think of all the Marvel movies, and even the worst one is still better than any DC outfit other than Nolan's trilogy.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I liked DC as a kid, but now, I am a Marvel fan all the way. Dark Knight is still only of my favorite superhero movies, but recent movies like Batman Vs Superman changed my mind about the franchise.
cattztyle

Post by cattztyle »

I'm more of a DC fan. I do watch some marvel, but I like DC more. I'm a batman, joker, supergirl, flash fan. to be honest I use to be a avengers fan till Marvel just couldn't stop with the movies it made me mad.
Amy4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy4.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Amy4 »

Oooh, Marvel. They have really upped. The Avengers is my favorite. Thor is funny too. The DC Legends of tomorrow make my day :D

Return to “Films and Books”