What is your favorite line in a film or movies?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Re: What is your favorite line in a film or movies?

Post by Leyla Ann »

"If you're good at something, never do it for free".
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Sugarlump54
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugarlump54.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sugarlump54 »

Well Toto! I guess were not in Kansas anymore!
Wizard of Oz
Mysticaldreamer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mysticaldreamer »

mayreeh2 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 05:02 In the movie beauty and the beast,when she said "come into the light" to the beast
I loved this line,the beast didn’t think he was worthy of love but she loved him regardless of how he looked even though she was a beauty and she knew it,she didn’t let it get to her head or let other people poison her mind against the beast.
Mysticaldreamer

Post by Mysticaldreamer »

Chi_pego wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 14:21 "What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm the bad guy." From the Twilight saga.

Shows how real characters are dimensional and not just one sided. How we all have some good and bad in us. How we can be someones hero and another person's villain. How things are almost never black or white but a series of greys.
There’s never just one side to any one person in real life so a good book/movie character will have two sides,if not multiple,this is what makes them real and relatable. it is like reading a book all the way to the end and slowly falling in love with a character so much so that if that character meets an untimely end,we would feel that loss as keenly as if the person were real,this is an example of good character creation.
anita1994
Currently Reading: One of Us Is Lying
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anita1994.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by anita1994 »

" No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." (P.T. Barnum; The Greatest Showman)

"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live" (Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it." (Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)

"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him and in that way he becomes immortal." (William Bloom, Big Fish)

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down in the most delightful way!" (Mary Poppins, Mary Poppins)
Free to reflect 1220
Currently Reading: The Gate
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Free to reflect 1220 »

The fear you want beat itself the fear by lupin in Harry Potter
Victoriap123

Post by Victoriap123 »

I have a lot of favorite lines from certain movies, but one of my favorite movies is "Scarface". This is one of my favorite lines from the movie.

“You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He’s the best lawyer in Miami. He’s such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm.” – Tony Montana
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Chelsearoses »

There's a few...
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light." Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

"As you wish." Wes The Princess Bride

"I have no idea what I'm gonna do tomorrow." "How exciting....Farewell Lawrence...smile my boy. It's sunrise." Robin Williams (Night at the Museum, his final lines in a movie) I think it's the 3rd movie

"There's no crying in baseball!" Tom Hanks in A League of their Own

"Yo, Adrian!" Rocky

"Wax on, wax off." Also "Get him a body bag" The Karate Kid

"Do it for Johnny!" The Outsiders

"No one puts Baby in a corner." Patrick Swayze (Dirty Dancing)

Just to name a few haha, and there are more 😁🤪
Amazingreviwer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amazingreviwer.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by Amazingreviwer »

In a movie called All Americans. An American football based movie. So what's my favorite line?
My favourite line was from spencer James.
He said " Tackle your problems, block all your fears and always finish strong. And I love it. Because one should always tackle their problem and block out fear from their lives and be sure to finish strong.
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

The one in my signature... "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

"Now do I have to elaborate or can we just crack on." Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows for funny quotes
Or
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Lord of the Rings for empowering quotes
Megapede
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megapede.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Megapede »

"AVENGERS! ...assemble." - Avengers: Endgame.

I screamed at the movies when I heard this phrase.

"We work in the darkness to serve the light. We are Assassins." - Assassin's Creed.

This makes me think that there are two sides to every story and history is written by the victors.

"Forget everything you think you know." - Doctor Strange.

You have to if you wang to truly enjoy any work of fiction.

"You think you know how the world works? You think that this material universe is all there is? What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts shape reality. This universe is only one of an infinite number. Worlds without end. Some benevolent and life giving. Others filled with malice and hunger. Dark places where powers older than time lie ravenous... and waiting. Who are you in this vast multiverse." - Doctor Strange.

This made me question myself and my knowledge of the world around me which is what I think it was meant to do.
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Post by DragonLight877 »

So I think it was in Avengers, Age of Ultron. But at one point Vision tells Ultron at the end of the film "Something isn't beautiful because it lasts."

I just though that was a really beautiful way to look at beauty, how everything fades. Sometimes it's how short something's time was that makes it beautiful.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

"I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn, and you will suffer me!"

Loved Viggo being a total badass.
Sianne

Post by Sianne »

Dumbledore to Harry Potter in Deathly Hollows part 2
"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living and above all those who live without love"

Return to “Films and Books”