Black Panther?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
BookAddikt
Favorite Book: The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Currently Reading: The Law of Unintended Consequences
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Black Panther?

Post by BookAddikt »

I havent seen it yet but I wouldnt go buy expensive tickets to go see it. Im waiting for it to come available online
Vidvath G
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vidvath G »

Black panther movie is one of the best movies of marvel and it is dedicated to Chadwick baseman who truly played the character even with his problem he is truly a legend.
And the movie is based on fiction and shows about a true king. It was a good movie.
Malthide Jones
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

Ut is definately worth the hype. What a way to add to the Marvel franchise. I enjoyed every second of watching it. I eanted more.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

Certainly! The reviewer's exceptional work truly resonated with me, and I plan to include this review in my collection. The reviewer's excellent job has impressed me, prompting me to place this review on my bookshelf.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

I didn't think it was that good; there are so many plot and world building problems and T'Challa wasn't as interesting a character as he was in Civil War.
Zanne Crystle
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: The Art of Being Difficult by William Chekhov

Post by Zanne Crystle »

I was happy with what they did with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. I know it would have been difficult given Chadwick's passing and I wasn't sure what to expect.
wedwilson
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 2460
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by wedwilson »

Black Panther is a masterpiece when it comes to Marvel Comics Universe (MCU) films.

Unlike the “superhero origin” type movies MCU is known for. This film is fresh and unique with a gripping plot and stellar performances from the whole cast. I love how there is a majority black cast and that the women are not stereotypical “damsels in distress” type characters.

Directed by Ryan Coogler who is known for making films about different cultures and starring Chadwick Boseman as the lead as well as Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Andy Serkis and the critically acclaimed South African playwright, John Kani, audiences will be left on the edge of their seats.

I love the outfits and how they represent the culture of fictional Wakanda in the film as well as various African cultures. The film also has stunning visuals.

Besides containing intense fight sequences, that MCU films are known for, there is also a lot of focus on the plot.
Srikant Mahanty
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srikant-mahanty.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Srikant Mahanty »

Good and above average. It is not a must watch in a multiplex but definitely on home.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

"Black Panther" is a good watch tho.

Return to “Films and Books”