Cancelled TV Series Woes

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
sanna254
Favorite Book: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Cancelled TV Series Woes

Post by sanna254 »

I very much mourned for 'The gifted' series. I was a little bit relieved when Sense 8 was given a somewhat befitting end.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I was watching a movie called La Brea. The thing is I don't even know if they canceled the series. I hope it hasn't been canceled for real because I've been anticipating the next season. It's gonna hurt me if they eventually cancel it
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Ambar Gill
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Throne of Power
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Ambar Gill »

I feel this so much! I remember when Shadow and Bone was announced to release on Netflix and being so excited to see some of my favourite book characters hit the screen (as much as I enjoyed Shadow and Bone, I was really there to see the crows). Personally, I thought it was a pretty good adaptation and while season 2 wasn't on par with the first, I was so so excited for season 3. Until Netflix did what it usually does with good shows: They cancelled it and I was devastated. So much of the story was left, especially with the crows and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they would do that.
From what I saw online, it had a pretty big fan base as well, especially from dedicated readers. I'm still not over it and I don't think I will ever be :cry:
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
Lily Walker 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 225
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-walker-1.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Lily Walker 1 »

Inside Job. I liked it so much better than Big Mouth and Netflix ended season 2 on a cliffhanger and now I’ll never get to know what happens.:(
BHUMI D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhumi-d.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by BHUMI D »

Cassidy Simpson wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 17:31 I was very disappointed that the Netflix show Santa Clarita Diet was canceled. I genuinely enjoy watching (and re-watching it).
Seriously, right! I loved that show. I still hope they somehow renew it - but I know they will not. The cast and the story was fantastic.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

I hate that feeling! One show that I was disappointed didn’t continue on past the first season was Spinning Out, which depicted life of figure skater dealing with Bipolar Disorder. I also really was enjoying Mindhunter but we never got a third season.

Return to “Films and Books”