Cancelled TV Series Woes

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
sanna254
Favorite Book: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Cancelled TV Series Woes

Post by sanna254 »

I very much mourned for 'The gifted' series. I was a little bit relieved when Sense 8 was given a somewhat befitting end.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I was watching a movie called La Brea. The thing is I don't even know if they canceled the series. I hope it hasn't been canceled for real because I've been anticipating the next season. It's gonna hurt me if they eventually cancel it
Ambar Gill
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Finale
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 42%

Post by Ambar Gill »

I feel this so much! I remember when Shadow and Bone was announced to release on Netflix and being so excited to see some of my favourite book characters hit the screen (as much as I enjoyed Shadow and Bone, I was really there to see the crows). Personally, I thought it was a pretty good adaptation and while season 2 wasn't on par with the first, I was so so excited for season 3. Until Netflix did what it usually does with good shows: They cancelled it and I was devastated. So much of the story was left, especially with the crows and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they would do that.
From what I saw online, it had a pretty big fan base as well, especially from dedicated readers. I'm still not over it and I don't think I will ever be :cry:
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
Lily Walker 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 225
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-walker-1.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Lily Walker 1 »

Inside Job. I liked it so much better than Big Mouth and Netflix ended season 2 on a cliffhanger and now I’ll never get to know what happens.:(
BHUMI D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhumi-d.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by BHUMI D »

Cassidy Simpson wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 17:31 I was very disappointed that the Netflix show Santa Clarita Diet was canceled. I genuinely enjoy watching (and re-watching it).
Seriously, right! I loved that show. I still hope they somehow renew it - but I know they will not. The cast and the story was fantastic.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Covid Murders by Greg Vigdor
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

I hate that feeling! One show that I was disappointed didn’t continue on past the first season was Spinning Out, which depicted life of figure skater dealing with Bipolar Disorder. I also really was enjoying Mindhunter but we never got a third season.

Return to “Films and Books”