What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

The last movie I watched was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved how the movie showed how important family was. The character Charlie was very thankful for his life and his family despite their domestic circumstances. Charlie also teaches Willy Wonka that family is important.
I give the movie an 8 out of 10.
Bradley Twesten
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: License To Loot! by Pascale Batieufaye

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Netflix just put "The Accountant" on streaming. I guess it is a few years old, but I thought it was excellent. Ben Affleck has worked through high functioning autism to become a bit of a vigilante. Very well done and I believe I read they are woking up an Accountant 2 for 2025. Looking forward to it.
Cindy Belle
Currently Reading: Misery
Bookshelf Size: 216
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Cindy Belle »

I just watched Interstellar the other night and rate it a 9/10! I would totally would recommend this movie to everyone I meet. It was suspenseful, emotional, and inspiring. It is a 2h+ movie which I struggle with sitting still through, but I watched this one in one sitting without getting bored once :)
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: License To Loot! by Pascale Batieufaye

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Tomi Ahmed wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 07:19 The last movie I watched was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved how the movie showed how important family was. The character Charlie was very thankful for his life and his family despite their domestic circumstances. Charlie also teaches Willy Wonka that family is important.
I give the movie an 8 out of 10.
I assume this is the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory then?! I haven't seen the Willy Wonka new movie. I like Timothy Chalumet, but I saw a preview and I'm just not sure this one is for me.
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

Yes I was referring to the original Charlie and the chocolate factory with Johnny Depp portraying Willy Wonka and Freddie Highmore playing Charlie Bucket.
Joe Muriuki
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-muriuki.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joe Muriuki »

The last movie I watched was Gotti. It about a Mafia boss. Oftentimes I wonder how those guys walked almost scot-free killing their opponents.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

The last movie i watched was aquaman 2 and 1 really enjoyed it.
marissa lickliter
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by marissa lickliter »

Divergent, I would give a 5 star, having a female leader that fights for what she wants and what is right.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

I actually do like Salt better than Inception seeing as I am an Angelina Jolie fan and not a big Leonardo DiCaprio fan, but that didn't really have much to do with it... Haha.
I just love the hands-on action type thing, a lot. And you could see where Inception was going, not so much Salt.
Lupita Widyaningrum
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Lupita Widyaningrum »

The last movie I saw was Korean Movie titled Rampant

I love zombie movies and this is definitely one of my top favorites. It has all the scare and excitment you need without all the constant jump. Everything is quite predictable, which is absolutely refreshing to not have to overthink things. Action packed and comical at times, it is definitely worth the watch. For those of you who dislike subtitles, please give it a shot. The subtitles are short and to the point. It wont leave you missing out on any part of this zombie filled adventure.

Return to “Films and Books”