What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Ruqayyah Rafeeq
Favorite Book: Before the Coffee Gets Cold
Currently Reading: The Fine Print
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruqayyah-rafeeq.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Ruqayyah Rafeeq »

Just last night my brothers and I rewatched "Collateral" for the third time. Tom Cruise is so different in that role, especially after seeing him as Ethan Hunt for so long, it's strange seeing him be the bad guy. Mark Ruffalo never looked cooler, and Michael Mann is a wonderful Director as always. Plus, their use of the Jason Bourne soundtrack in the club scene was super cool. I recently found out that Michael Mann goes to great lengths to that the characters in his films come off as realistic. In Heat, the actors were trained by pros when it came to using their weapons, etc. I thoroughly enjoy anything Michel Mann, from Miami Vice to Heat, to Collateral. 8-)
Book Review Tub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-review-tub.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Book Review Tub »

The last movie I saw is Predestination. That movie messed my brain up. I could not imagine the things I was seeing. Do not watch that movie if you value your sanity. Seriously.
Smrithi Arun
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

The last movie I saw was Darlings starring Alia Bhatt and Vijay Varma. It's a dark humor/drama available on Netflix. It's mainly about the protagonist, Badru, holding on to the last strings of her relationship with her abusive alcoholic husband, hoping that he would be a better husband if he stopped drinking. Badru and her mom decide to seek revenge when things don't get better.

I would give it a rating of 3.5/5 stars.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

The last movie I saw was "Where The Crawdads Sing." This movie is based on the top-selling book I read. Of course, the book was way better because you can hear their thoughts, whereas in a movie you don't have that privilege. I encourage you to go see it on the wide screen at the theaters.
Marjenmom17
Favorite Book: The Traitor's Kiss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marjenmom17.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Marjenmom17 »

My hubby and I just watched The Man from Toronto. I give it a 4 out of 5. It was good, funny and action packed but it felt pretty similar to other actions movies Kevin Hart has been in. I enjoyed it. I laughed a ton. I did have to cover my face a few times. The finale seemed to come quickly and the ending came a little fast too. But it was a great date night movie!
Yasmyna Feraru
Favorite Book: The Catcher in the Rye
Currently Reading: Jack frusciante è uscito dal gruppo
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Yasmyna Feraru »

The conjuring 2. 8.5/10
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

Penny Johnson 1 wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 10:49 The last movie I watched at a theater was Redeeming Love. I read this book and was so excited to see that they had made a movie about it. The movie is never as good as a book. The movie I hoped to go see next is Where The Crawdads Sing. I read that book a few months ago and loved it.
I saw it recently, I thought it was good but not excellent. I liked the actors, Logan Marshall-Green acted very well.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:

crispreviews wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 10:52 Last one I saw was "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" honestly I love every bit of it superb acting and quality. It's action packed not what I expected though. But it was a good one!
I'm not a fan of Marvel movies, but I've heard it's an entertaining movie. I'll give it a try for sure. I think I should watch Spiderman first.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:

Ohna Martin wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 00:25 Last movie I watched was The Lost City of D by Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. I would give it a 4 out of 4. It is funny and adventurous. It is in my movies to watch again folder. It is just one of those you cannot watch enough.
I want to see it!, I'm a big fan of Sandra Bullock's movies, she is very funny. I also think Daniel Radcliffe appears.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

The Lost City of D is underrated. While it has a few things to nitpick, the cast and awesome concept make it a better than average comedy for me. Having a movie about a writer isn't the rarest thing. But a writer and her book cover model? I can't think of another movie like that.
Tonia Freeman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 756
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonia-freeman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tonia Freeman »

I have seen the new Top Gun Maverick twice, so for me, it was a 10. I might just go see it again before it's gone. That probably sounds a little crazy and if you knew me it would sound even more so. I HATE watching movies more than once. I have a great memory when it comes to film and it's not enjoyable, usually, to see it a second time. However, this movie is about more than just what is on the screen. To me, the movie may very well be the last of its kind. With all the hate towards our government and military and just all the discontent circling in the US this kind of movie might just not be created anymore. This movie is a pro-American movie, a pro-military movie, this movie will inspire children into aviation. The connection with the original movie is also a connection to a different time in our history. Before cell phones, before it was cool to be offended back when I heard the song "Proud to be an American" as a child and it brought tears to my eyes because I loved this land that I was born into and all its people: colorful, unique, and amazing we all were. This movie reminds me that children do not have the same pride and that they will never know the same feeling of happiness and pride I did as a child. I suppose that the movie brings a sense of nostalgia to me as well as longing and sadness that my life is about half over and that it will never be the same.
readingswithsoso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingswithsoso.html
Latest Review: The Prophecy of the Heron by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by readingswithsoso »

ME TIME and unfortunately I did not enjoy it. Didn't even finished it. The trailer seemed like an easy and enjoyable movie but it was too cliché.
Heidi James 1
Currently Reading: Niching Up
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Heidi James 1 »

The last movie I was trying to watch was "Nope", unfortunately our 11 month old baby said nope and woke up. So went date night.
Mfanafuthi Cele 3
Currently Reading: The Not So Great American Novel
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mfanafuthi Cele 3 »

Just Watched the last saga of Harry Potter for the 5th time have to say it still hits hard started thinking about the High school days
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

Nate and Gigi. I'd give it 9/10. It's a powerful movie and you learn some things. Great cast, including the cute monkey.

Return to “Films and Books”