What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by human reader »

The Northman - It has a nice balance between attempted historical accuracy and dramatic flair. While it's about mortals, there is a mythical quality to it that helps it from feeling too heavy when it deals with harsher subject matter. I liked it a lot, maybe round it up to a 9, but one should know it's more an exploration of those times and culture rather than an endless series of fight scenes.
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ! Stunning movie
Vusumuzi Dube
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vusumuzi-dube.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Vusumuzi Dube »

Desparado starring Antonio Bandaras. Well I was repeating it but it's still a 4 out of 4 to me.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I'm adding one of my favorite movies here, which is a climbing movie called "Meru". This is a documentary directed by Jimmy Chin and his wife Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, about Jimmy and several climbing partners who climb the incredibly challenging "Shark's Fin" route on a mountain in the Himalayas. This is a really stunning and thrilling movie.
Bhaskar Rogha
Currently Reading: Twilight
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskar-rogha.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Bhaskar Rogha »

The last movie I saw was Pink (2016). It is a Hindi movie that is themed around the right to consent and stereotypes held by the Indian society against women. The plot and the cast were amazing. I am rating it four out of four stars.
Vusumuzi Dube
Currently Reading:

Post by Vusumuzi Dube »

This morning I just finished watching one of my old school favorites. 300 starring Gerald Butler. My rating for 300 will always be 4 out of 4.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Marsha JJ »

I really enjoy documentaries and wanted to add a favorite one that I rewatched. "Super Size Me" is an excellent documentary featuring Morgan Spurlock, who only eats at McDonald's for one month. The audience gets to witness the impact on his health in the course of that time. I found this to be really eye-opening and a reminder to be mindful about what we eat. I rate this 4/4 stars.
Vusumuzi Dube
Currently Reading:

Post by Vusumuzi Dube »

No Time To Die by Daniel Craig. I love all James Bond movies but I was a little bit disappointed by the ending of this one in particular. I give it 3 out of 4 stars.
Bhaskar Rogha

Post by Bhaskar Rogha »

Last night I watched 'Shiddat' (2021). The name of the movie translates to 'passion' in English. It is a Hindi movie themed on how love or passion crosses all borders and difficulties. Although the plot seemed a bit far-fetched, it is emotionally engaging. I rate it three out of four stars.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Marsha JJ »

There's an excellent movie called "Senna" that I saw, about a Formula 1 race car driver from Brazil. This is a little bit older movie but one of my favorites. I rate it 10/10.
Bhaskar Rogha

Post by Bhaskar Rogha »

I just finished watching The Social Network (2010). It is based on the book The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich. It depicts how Facebook came into existence, the resulting lawsuits, and their settlement. I am rating it three out of four stars.
Yvonne Mule
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-mule.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Yvonne Mule »

I went on a thriller movie marathon a few days ago. I don't know if Gone Girl really fits the 'thriller' genre, but it was definitely dramatic and I will always appreciate a movie where one of the characters outsmarts the others. I have a special space in my heart for intelligent characters in books and movies. Usually, the good guys win but a good antagonist makes you question this well-known fact halfway through at least once. The ending is definitely unexpected and I would absolutely recommend this movie to people who enjoy psychological thrillers. This one will most definitely leave you at the very edge of your seat.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Marsha JJ »

I saw the documentary, "Downfall: The Case Against Boeing", and found it to be interesting, disturbing, and very negatively inclined towards Boeing. This is the story about their 737 Max plane that experienced several crashes, and the back story behind the change in Boeing's culture that led to the disasters. I take safe flying for granted, but this movie made me stop and think. 4/4 rating.
Aarya Gondkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarya-gondkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Aarya Gondkar »

'About Time' and it was actually nice. It's about this guy who can time travel in the past of his own life, make changes and all. So basically it taught that you don't need to time travel to make things right, sometimes just living each moment fully is what is needed.
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."-roald dahl
Umal Halane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umal-halane.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Umal Halane »

Last movie I watched was a man in love on Netflix. Its a Foreign film - Mandarin, so you'd have to read subtitles. It was a depressing tragic love story. If you loved the notebook, you'd probably love it too!

Return to “Films and Books”