What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Bighuey »

One of the good old good ones, Mildred Pierce from 1945 with Joan Crawford. Great movie and actors, they sure dont make them like this anymore.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
dennisbragra
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisbragra.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dennisbragra »

Judas and the black Messaih..interesting perspectives on the black movement in the U.S.A with stories of betrayal within the black people
entengkabisote21
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by entengkabisote21 »

The last movie that I saw was the Promising Young Woman. It's about a 30-year-old woman named Cassie. She lives with her parents and she lives a double life. During the day she works at her friend's coffee shop and at night she goes to clubs or bars to hunt for the next man who will take her into his place. What she does is for you to find out. The movie is funny, clever and amazing.
dennisbragra
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisbragra.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dennisbragra »

Mortal Kombat... I would give it a 8/10 only because i felt the script was rushed but everything else was amaazing
Caleb 044
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caleb-044.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Caleb 044 »

The last movie I saw was "Friends with Benefits"
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

An Oldie from 1936 H.G. Wells Things To Come. A rather chilling prophetic film about the future of mankind and very accurately portrayed. A bit heavy on over-acting, great FX for the time and an amazing musical score by Arthur Bliss. 4 out of 5.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Caleb 044
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Caleb 044 »

The last movie I saw was The gods of Egypt
Anjali Sharma 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-sharma-1.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Anjali Sharma 1 »

The last movie I saw was 'The Last Full Measure'. At first, I wasn't going to watch it because the critic ratings were average and not that impressive, but then I looked at the audience rating and it was pretty high. And let me tell you, the movie didn't disappoint at all. One of the strongest emotions I felt after finishing it was anger at the critics who called the movie 'bland'. The movie is based on a true story about a soldier getting a Medal of Honor 30 years after his death - how is that bland? During the last 30 minutes, the movie (including the story, acting and music) touches your soul, and you can't help but feel overwhelmed by emotions. I cried 4 times during those last 30 minutes...says something about the 'blandness' of the movie.

Anyways, I would stop rambling. I give the movie 9 out of 10 stars (removing 1 star because some viewers might find it slow-paced during the first 20 minutes) and I would definitely recommend it to viewers of all ages, especially the ones who like movies that make them cry.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Anjali Sharma 1 wrote: 19 May 2021, 09:33 The last movie I saw was 'The Last Full Measure'. At first, I wasn't going to watch it because the critic ratings were average and not that impressive, but then I looked at the audience rating and it was pretty high. And let me tell you, the movie didn't disappoint at all. One of the strongest emotions I felt after finishing it was anger at the critics who called the movie 'bland'. The movie is based on a true story about a soldier getting a Medal of Honor 30 years after his death - how is that bland? During the last 30 minutes, the movie (including the story, acting and music) touches your soul, and you can't help but feel overwhelmed by emotions. I cried 4 times during those last 30 minutes...says something about the 'blandness' of the movie.

Anyways, I would stop rambling. I give the movie 9 out of 10 stars (removing 1 star because some viewers might find it slow-paced during the first 20 minutes) and I would definitely recommend it to viewers of all ages, especially the ones who like movies that make them cry.
A person cant go by what critics say, they pick apart all about the things they dont like about a movie and try to make you think its a piece of garbage. Some of my favorite movies are ones critics hated. Theres a quote by General W.T Sherman of civil war fame who says it perfectly when critics slammed his memoirs. Critics must differ from authors to manifest their own superiority. How true that is.
Danny Rands
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Danny Rands »

The last movie I saw was "the queens' gambit "
Rating: 9 out of 10
Caleb 044
Currently Reading:

Post by Caleb 044 »

The last Movie I saw was "Sweetbitter".
niki30

Post by niki30 »

I watched 'Call me by your name' recently. I wish I had watched it earlier though.
It was an amazing perspective on queerness and totally left me awestruck with how the two main leads performed.
Set up almost 60 years back, it is fast paced and doesn't bore you a second.
Looking forward to the part II of the series. 🥺
Bharat_suthar4270

Post by Bharat_suthar4270 »

Last movie I saw was "The kissing booth"
I want to give 4🌟 because it's very good movie as we can see strong friendship,a strong relationship and most important we get the lesson how to treat people who treats us, like tit for tat
Aishwarya KG
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Currently Reading: How to Relax
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishwarya-kg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Aishwarya KG »

This is actually not a movie but the very first TV series that i have ever seen and my most favourite- The Vampire Diaries. I was so addicted to it in such a way I completed 8 seasons in a time span of 14 days. And am rewatching it now and I'd love to rate it for 5 out of 5. It's such an emotion!
mansi_160
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by mansi_160 »

I saw London Fields, It's a black comic, murder mystery. It's a thriller and quite interesting movie. By the end of the movie things start to unravel which makes it much more exciting.
I would rate it 8/10.

Return to “Films and Books”