What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
tanishagupta14
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by tanishagupta14 »

last movie i saw was 3 idiots. it was so funny and full of real life values , a must watch movie
Oluwafunmilayo_20

Post by Oluwafunmilayo_20 »

Moorim School, and I rate it 95%
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

I just watched A Man Called OTTO with Tom Hanks. It was good. As a Brit living in Mexico, I found his Latina neighbour to be absolutely hilarious!
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

I watched Glass Onion last night and it was honestly sooo good! A perfect Agatha Christie ish plot with a very satisfying ending! 10/10! totally recommend it!
KONEKO93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by KONEKO93 »

The Vigil by Keith Thomas
A rare Jewish movie (horror)
I’m not Jewish but it’s so nice to see films like
This being made the last few years.
4/5 ⭐️
I’d give it 5/5 but the subtitles pissed me off.
Shane Lucey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-lucey.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shane Lucey »

FunkyFlowerLady wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 07:08 I watched Glass Onion last night and it was honestly sooo good! A perfect Agatha Christie ish plot with a very satisfying ending! 10/10! totally recommend it!
I also enjoyed this one. Is it fair to assume you also have seen Knives Out?
Bookswithing
Currently Reading: The Half Brother
Bookshelf Size: 1222

Post by Bookswithing »

Fran wrote: 28 Sep 2010, 05:49 Debating whether to watch 'Eat, Pray, Love' ... every review I'v heard or read in universally negative but curiosity is killing me. Can it really be as bad as the reviews?
Maybe check out some more reviews? Sometimes there's a vast difference between what fans of the book think versus what film critics think. If fans of Eat, Pray, Love' think it's good, you'll probably enjoy it too. It's not that fans have lower standards - if anything, in many instances they have higher standards and expectations, just think back to some of the fan reactions to casting in popular franchises. Fans are looking for something different to film critics, more of a recreation of the book experience on the screen, something that fits in or even enhances that experience. Good luck.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

Gone With The Wind

10/10
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Lucy Gilford wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 07:54 The last movie I saw was “Avatar 2 , the way of water”. It was insane ! I really loved it and my favourite part was near to the end actually when Neytiri (mother) was in the battle scene (I won’t give away anything as I don’t want to spoil it!) but when you see the film , you will know the scene I mean. She is an absolute hero in this movie!
Has anyone else seen it? Do you like it ?
My family went to see it but I didn't have the mental stamina for the 3+ hour long movie. I would rather be reading! I will watch it when it moves from the movie theaters to the TV. And I might break it up into two 1.5 hour chunks, haha.
Gariba

Post by Gariba »

The last movie I saw was death note,it was pretty much awesome .
7/10
human reader

Post by human reader »

Wren Michaels wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 16:38
human reader wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 10:04 The Lost City of D is underrated. While it has a few things to nitpick, the cast and awesome concept make it a better than average comedy for me. Having a movie about a writer isn't the rarest thing. But a writer and her book cover model? I can't think of another movie like that.
Completely agree! I was pleasantly surprised by how funny i found the film. Who knew Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum would make such a good duo!
Would have replied sooner but I haven't signed in for a long time. It was nice to get a good comedy as I feel those are rarer these days. Anyways, hopefully we have more quality comedies this year. 8)
Andrea Peles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Alaska Deadly
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrea-peles.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Andrea Peles »

Last movie I watched was A Million Ways to Die in the West [2014] starring Seth MacFarlane and Charlize Theron. A western comedy which surprised me how hillarious those duo are. Although, the movie is rated 6.1/10 on IMDb I would give this movie 10/10 and reccomend to anybody who wants to relax on sunday evening and have a good laugh.
Queenelene
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Queenelene »

The fifty shades trilogy got me admiring the plot and the exotic scenes made by the characters, christen grey and anastasia steel.
Ubaidj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ubaidj »

I watched Amsterdam. Every character has played its role very well. I enjoyed it very much.
Patrick Onyeji

Post by Patrick Onyeji »

I don't think so, it could be the figment of your imagination.

Return to “Films and Books”