What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Subarna_Banerjee
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-subarna-banerjee.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Subarna_Banerjee »

The last movie I saw was Scream VI. I was actually watching the entirety of the Scream Franchise :3

I rated Scream VI a 4 out of 5. It was going really great and much better than the previous instalment, but the ending fell flat for me. Sam was better as a protagonist in this one too.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

The last movie I watched was a Japanese movie concentrating on a girl who is ill treated in her own house by her step mother gets the love of her life in a man who have rejected almost all the other girls. The name of the movie is " My Happy Marriage," and it is totally worth watching for people who love romantic movies.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by Do Thi Huong »

Recently I watched a movie called "It Could Happen to You". It's a 1994 romantic comedy film that is very inspiring and beautiful. Definitely 5 out of 5 stars and I would recommend it to everyone.
rosebxd
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rosebxd »

I love that this thread is still going years later! The latest film I saw was Memories of Murder, by Bong Joon-ho, I gave it a 4/5 incredible film but not his best
gabbyparker5100
Currently Reading: Star Wars
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by gabbyparker5100 »

I recently watched "Love and Monsters" on Netflix. Dylan O'Brien was my teenage celebrity crush, so I had high hopes, but the story felt pretty generic. Overall, not a bad movie though, it was fun enough to keep you invested. I'd give it a 3/5. Right before that I watched "Green Room" for the first time, and would probably rate it a bit higher at 3.5/5. That was certainly a unique story and surprised me a few times, quite a gore fest though :shock:
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

Ah, the last movie I saw! Well, since I'm a student and I have reduce my screen time . However, I can tell you about a highly-rated movie! Have you heard of "Inception"? It's a mind-bending science fiction film directed by Christopher Nolan. People love the intricate plot and mind-blowing visuals in this movie. It definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat! If you're into mind games and thrilling adventures, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Macelo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macelo.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Macelo »

The last movie I watched is the flash and I loved it being a fanatic of sci-fi movies
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by João Ramos »

Lunar gate wrote: 21 Jan 2024, 02:19 Ah, the last movie I saw! Well, since I'm a student and I have reduce my screen time . However, I can tell you about a highly-rated movie! Have you heard of "Inception"? It's a mind-bending science fiction film directed by Christopher Nolan. People love the intricate plot and mind-blowing visuals in this movie. It definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat! If you're into mind games and thrilling adventures, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Leonardo DiCaprio had an outstanding performance in this film. Great recommendation.
Stanley Karuga K
Currently Reading: The Andromeda Strain (Andromeda #1)
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stanley-karuga-k.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
2024 Reading Goal: 220
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Stanley Karuga K »

The last movie I watched was The Dictator starring Sacha B. Cohen. It was hilarious. Some might consider it offensive but it's the only satirical movie I'd ever recommend
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Kostas Doumas
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Favorite Book: Swimming in the Dark
Currently Reading: A Taste of Gold and Iron
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kostas-doumas.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 17951
2024 Reading Goal: 27
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kostas Doumas »

The last movie i saw was Poor Things by Yorgos Lanthimos. Amazing direction and amazing acting by Emma Stone. Definitely a 5/5!!
Fatola Fatai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Fatola Fatai »

The last movie I saw is a korean movie. Its Empress Ki. I rate it 5 stars.
dealogically
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dealogically.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the things that really matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by dealogically »

Just saw Wonka, and I love it. If you need a light entertaining movie.
Angus Zonny
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angus-zonny.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Post by Angus Zonny »

The last movie I saw was scent of a woman. The rating is 8.7 because it was a magnificent movie.
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
Maru Alsafi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-alsawafi.html
Latest Review: Niamh by Gary Hope
2024 Reading Goal: 180
2024 Goal Completion: 1%

Post by Maru Alsafi »

:lol:

1. **Film: "The Shawshank Redemption" (1994)**
- **Personal Rating:** 10/10
- **Film Story:** The movie tells the story of a man named Andy Dufresne, sentenced to life in prison for a crime he didn't commit. Set in Shawshank prison, the film focuses on friendships and hope amidst harsh conditions.

2. **Film: "Life is Beautiful" (1997)**
- **Personal Rating:** 9/10
- **Film Story:** It narrates the tale of a father attempting to shield his son during the Holocaust, emphasizing humanity's ability to create beauty and hope even in the most challenging circumstances.

3. **Film: "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (2004)**
- **Personal Rating:** 8.5/10
- **Film Story:** The movie explores a failed love relationship where the couple decides to erase their memories of each other's shortcomings, only to discover that love cannot be simply deleted.

4. **Film: "The Pursuit of Happyness" (2006)**
- **Film Story:** Based on the life of Chris Gardner, the story follows immense challenges in his life as he strives to improve his financial situation and secure a better future for his son.

5. **Film: "A Beautiful Mind" (2001)**
- **Film Story:** The film narrates the story of the mathematician John Nash, who grapples with a mental disorder, showcasing the challenges he faced and how he overcame them.
Latest Review: Niamh by Gary Hope
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by João Ramos »

Mariam Alsawafi wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 13:48 :lol:

1. **Film: "The Shawshank Redemption" (1994)**
- **Personal Rating:** 10/10
- **Film Story:** The movie tells the story of a man named Andy Dufresne, sentenced to life in prison for a crime he didn't commit. Set in Shawshank prison, the film focuses on friendships and hope amidst harsh conditions.

2. **Film: "Life is Beautiful" (1997)**
- **Film Story:** It narrates the tale of a father attempting to shield his son during the Holocaust, emphasizing humanity's ability to create beauty and hope even in the most challenging circumstances.

3. **Film: "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (2004)**
- **Film Story:** The movie explores a failed love relationship where the couple decides to erase their memories of each other's shortcomings, only to discover that love cannot be simply deleted.

4. **Film: "The Pursuit of Happyness" (2006)**
- **Film Story:** Based on the life of Chris Gardner, the story follows immense challenges in his life as he strives to improve his financial situation and secure a better future for his son.

5. **Film: "A Beautiful Mind" (2001)**
- **Film Story:** The film narrates the story of the mathematician John Nash, who grapples with a mental disorder, showcasing the challenges he faced and how he overcame them.
You only selected top-notch movies. Great choices. Of the films mentioned, I agree that The Shawshank Redemption is the best.

Return to “Films and Books”