What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
magdalena selley 1
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magdalena-selley-1.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by magdalena selley 1 »

Hi Everyone.
I loved "Eat, pray, love". Maybe the reason it didn't get many high reviews was that the reviewers have not gone through, or have not been in that state of mind before. Just my two cents.. Happy reading everyone. I'm new here and look forward to interacting more with all of you.
Mande Elly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mande-elly.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by Mande Elly »

this posts were made in 2010, this yhis website still function
Julia Lebepe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Julia Lebepe »

The last movie i watched was purple hearts. i have to say it is the most emotional, exciting movie i have watched this year. The idea of getting in a relationship with someone you don not know if you are going to see them again as soon as they leave for war is very scary. An d the setting was also different from other love and war movies i have watched before. I fell in-love with purple hearts.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Isaac Oh »

The Man from Toronto
Kevin Hart was superb as usual in the movie. However, I rated it 4/5 because of the unrealistic scenes.
katlego Mogotlane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katlego-mogotlane.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by katlego Mogotlane »

The last movie I saw was Nope.
It is a nice movie with a charismatic female lead. It is a movie that scary without necessary jump-scares.

I rate the movie a 4/5.
Carly Sprout
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

I have finally seen the first Star Wars movie....I really liked it. Cant wait to see it all. 5 out of 5
Carly Sprout
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

Oluchii wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 12:04 The last movie I watched was the umbrella academy. It's actually a series and a great one at that. It's easily one of my favorites. I'd recommend it. It's a 10/10 in my book
It really is an interesting watch. I love how they play around with the world and time and physics. I also think that every season gets more unhinged and enjoyable as you watch
Leah Petrosino
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-petrosino.html
Latest Review: The Mars Debacle by Mark Dean Stratus

Post by Leah Petrosino »

We just watched Elvis last night. I am a HUGE Baz Luhrmann fan, so I was really looking forward to this one. It did not disappoint, although if you are looking for a historical biopic, this one isn't it. It's basically accurate, but it takes some artistic liberties. Austin Butler is AMAZING in the lead role!
Lexie Price 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lexie-price-2.html
Latest Review: Self-Help Sucks! by Tony Blankenship

Post by Lexie Price 2 »

I watched "Dave Made a Maze' with my Dad last Friday. It was definitely really creative and well-edited for what I imagine was a small budget, but a lot of the humor didn't land with me. I just kind of felt disconnected from the story the whole time too; I never quite felt fully immersed in the story, despite being someone who's usually able to, and a lot of the acting landed flat. I would probably give it a 6/10 overall; not my favorite, but not the worst, either. I would definitely watch it over any movie I actually hate.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

The last movie I saw was "Kill the messenger". I like that movie so much specifically because it was based on the amazing real story of newspaper publisher Garry Webbs. He was the one that uncovered the roots of illegall financing of the US government to a foreign war cause. The government would let others smuggle drugs into the country and use their money to give that country money to purchase arms.
Chinedu Nwakaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedu-nwakaji.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Chinedu Nwakaji »

The last movie I saw was titles Money Heist. It had four seasons that were highly engaging and thriling. One of my favourite characters was Tokyo. Towards the end, she died. I was so devastated that I lost excitement to complete the movie. How could that have happened? I felt she shouldn't have died in the movie, hence, I removed a stat from my rating. I gave the movie a rating of 3 out of four stars.
Taxel

Post by Taxel »

I think the last movie I saw was The Lost City and it was amazing! As a romance novel reader I am giving it 11/10. It is an amazing comedy, both leaning into stereotypes and breaking them in the best ways possible! I highly recommend if you are interested in something fun and lighthearted!
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Citizen X

It is a true story about a serial killer in the Soviet Union who killed something like 50 people. It is currently available on You Tube for free.
It was, in my opinion, a very good movie.

You can see it here if you are interested but I don't know how long they will keep it online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Agr2S ... Collection
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Ol Yinks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ol-yinks.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ol Yinks »

I saw Look both ways on Netflix yesterday. I have always wanted to see the movie and it was worth my time. I rate it 10 out of 10
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

The last movie I saw was Top Gun Maverick. I will be surprised if it does not win several awards.

Return to “Films and Books”