What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by WADonnelly »

The last movie I watched was Marvel's Black Panther and I would rate it 8/10. It is a fantastic film.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I watched a movie called “The Hate You Give “,last night. It sounds like a crazy title but omg, it was so good. I downloaded the book this morning. I highly recommend it
Ilian ZHU
Favorite Book: Legacy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilian-zhu.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Ilian ZHU »

Black waters
The movie is about the company that invented Teflon.
About how the made a material so resistant that in fact it could not be destroyed.
When ingested, the body has no way to process the substance so it stores it in the body and that eventually turns into cancer.
The company manufactured Teflon for years and it contaminated rivers with factory waste causing a massive outbreak of cancer and deformity in people living in the vicinity of the factory.
The thing is, the contaminated water and the residue in the air afected the entire world
And now its one of the main reasons why cáncer its such a common disease
I think its a movie everyone should see at least once. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
k_leh1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by k_leh1 »

I'm watching American Gods and... oh, the book is much better that's all I need to say.
YAREDA ETHIO

Post by YAREDA ETHIO »

I saw Monster Hunter yesterday, and i was really enjoyed it.
Cidthesloth93

Post by Cidthesloth93 »

Last movie I watch was Doctor Sleep. I have no idea what the rating was but I would recommend it, good for a slow long movie. I enjoyed the take they did on it it did keep me on guard.
billday10
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: grapes of wrath
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-billday10.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by billday10 »

I saw the new Wonder Woman movie and was disappointed. I'm the type of person who values the soundtrack deeply, but this time, even Hans Zimmer couldn't save it. The music was generic and insipid, the plotline had holes big enough to drive that caravan of Middle Eastern vehicles through, and the writers either didn't have an elementary understanding of basic science or thought their audience to be stupid.

Things that really rubbed me the wrong way included ignoring the fact that fireworks are literally pieces of burning metal, so unless Wonder Woman's invisibility also comes with a physical shield, flying an aircraft through fireworks is basically the same as flying through anti-aircraft flak gunfire. And that villain in the end going MORE, MORE ... how lame can you get?
Pepper DeVoe
Currently Reading:

Post by Pepper DeVoe »

Last movie I watched was Marvel's ''Thor: Dark World''. While it's not as good as the first Thor movie, it is still bloody brilliant! 9/10 easy. But, maybe I just love Chris Hemsworth too much...
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

I saw the Arrival yesterday and it blew my mind. I loved the cinematography and its beautiful, harrowing soundtrack. I would give it a 9 or a 10, but this was one of the best movies I saw recently.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Aliphsi
Currently Reading: Life Lessons
Bookshelf Size: 877
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliphsi.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aliphsi »

The last movie I saw was "Arrival", which is based on the short story "story of your life" by ted Chiang. It's a first contact with aliens. 12 spaceships land on various points of the world and no one knows why or if they are a danger. A linguistics expert is hired to try and learn their language and discover what they want. It's a very good movie. It's loyal to the book and adds the visuals and the amazing sounds. It's one of those movies that makes you think.
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

Wesusa wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 13:18 I saw the Arrival yesterday and it blew my mind. I loved the cinematography and its beautiful, harrowing soundtrack. I would give it a 9 or a 10, but this was one of the best movies I saw recently.
I liked it as well. Great movie indeed.
ObianujuJane
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obianujujane.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by ObianujuJane »

Last I saw was Raya And The Last Dragon... Really cool movie, it had my kid brother laughing all through.
ObianujuJane

Post by ObianujuJane »

tigeropig wrote: 27 Sep 2010, 18:19 I saw the Prince of Persia and really enjoyed it.
I love that movie... Watched it a couple more times
ObianujuJane

Post by ObianujuJane »

Pepper DeVoe wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 21:00 Last movie I watched was Marvel's ''Thor: Dark World''. While it's not as good as the first Thor movie, it is still bloody brilliant! 9/10 easy. But, maybe I just love Chris Hemsworth too much...

For me, it really doesn't matter which movie it is.. I see Chris in it, I make sure to watch it with rapt attention
ObianujuJane

Post by ObianujuJane »

solemusketeer wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 12:51 I saw the new Wonder Woman movie and was disappointed. I'm the type of person who values the soundtrack deeply, but this time, even Hans Zimmer couldn't save it. The music was generic and insipid, the plotline had holes big enough to drive that caravan of Middle Eastern vehicles through, and the writers either didn't have an elementary understanding of basic science or thought their audience to be stupid.

Things that really rubbed me the wrong way included ignoring the fact that fireworks are literally pieces of burning metal, so unless Wonder Woman's invisibility also comes with a physical shield, flying an aircraft through fireworks is basically the same as flying through anti-aircraft flak gunfire. And that villain in the end going MORE, MORE ... how lame can you get?

Not a science person, so didn't really notice any of that. In all, it was a good movie for me. Especially the part where she talked down the everyone in the world to embrace their truth.
Not to forget... The amazon games in the beginning got me worked up and excited.

Return to “Films and Books”