What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
OlaYinkahh
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olayinkahh.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by OlaYinkahh »

The last movie was actually a series. It was Inventing Anna. Absolutely wonderful. I rate it 9/10
Sh3rW1
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Chronicles of Nick
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sherica-wilson.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by Sh3rW1 »

The last movie I saw was a TV series on Netflix called Sense8. I absolutely loved it. It consists of 2 seasons with 12 episodes each. I loved the concept of the connection between 8 individuals who you shared your first breath with at birth. These 8 individual form a cluster. They live in 8 different cities across the globe and have access to each other's skills, language and knowledge and have the ability to mentally transport to each location of another individual within the cluster.
My only dislike is that the series was cancelled.
Tonia Freeman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 756
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonia-freeman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tonia Freeman »

I have seen the new Top Gun Maverick twice, so for me, it was a 10. I might just go see it again before it's gone. That probably sounds a little crazy and if you knew me it would sound even more so. I HATE watching movies more than once. I have a great memory when it comes to film and it's not enjoyable, usually, to see it a second time. However, this movie is about more than just what is on the screen. To me, the movie may very well be the last of its kind. With all the hate towards our government and military and just all the discontent circling in the US this kind of movie might just not be created anymore. This movie is a pro-American movie, a pro-military movie, this movie will inspire children into aviation. The connection with the original movie is also a connection to a different time in our history. Before cell phones, before it was cool to be offended back when I heard the song "Proud to be an American" as a child and it brought tears to my eyes because I loved this land that I was born into and all its people: colorful, unique, and amazing we all were. This movie reminds me that children do not have the same pride and that they will never know the same feeling of happiness and pride I did as a child. I suppose that the movie brings a sense of nostalgia to me as well as longing and sadness that my life is about half over and that it will never be the same.
Titus Fuller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-titus-fuller.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by Titus Fuller »

Spider Man...I loved when All three Peter Parkers made a appearance, what an "Extraordinary Climax". I rate that movie 10 out of 10.
Maria Tsarouche
Currently Reading: Doyle's Law
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-tsarouche.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Post by Maria Tsarouche »

I recently watched Dracula Untold. It wasn't bad, I just didn't find the plot very engaging.
novitasolossa
Favorite Book: How to Live a Life of Hope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by novitasolossa »

The last movie I watched was "A Star Is Born" I don't know how the other viewed but I'll give it 9/10 because I love it.
Nur Sakinah 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nur-sakinah-2.html
Latest Review: The eSmith Eye Story by GranRan

Post by Nur Sakinah 2 »

The last movie I saw was Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. As a Harry Potter fan, I would never miss any of the movies they produced. Since it had been so long since I watch any of the series, I was thrilled. Everything was so satisfying and the magic scenes were of course, mesmerizing. The movie itself deserved a 10 but as a fan, I rated it as 1000/10. That's how much I like the movie.
Real Dii
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-real-dii.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Real Dii »

Last stuff I saw was actually a kdrama series' Dali and the cocky Prince'. 9.5/10 for me.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

The last movie I saw was Red Notice starring Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson. The movie was chill from the beginning to the middle. But just when I thought the movie was about to end, the unbelievable happened. I rate Red Notice a 4 out of 4 stars. It was that good.
ArcticFire301
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ArcticFire301 »

Dr Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness
Average Marvel film for me in terms of quality. A lot better than others but far from the best. I felt I was missing a chunk of the story having not seen Wanda Vision (no Disney+).
It was enjoyable and there were some decent action sequences, but I'm not in a hurry to see it again.
7/10
Hannah Oakey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-oakey.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B09BFPTTV4

Post by Hannah Oakey »

The last film I saw at the cinema was Jurassic World Dominion. I would score it as an 8 out of 10. It was a good film, but sequels are never as good as the first film. It was a bit too long as well. If you are a fan of the Jurassic Park movies, I would highly recommend that you see it. It is the last film in the series and there are a few nods to the first film, which were very cleverly done.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

The last movie I saw was In The Tall Grass, based on the Stephen King book and it is extremely terrifying. All Stephen King movies get a 10 on 10 score
Angelica Arens
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelica-arens.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Angelica Arens »

The last movie that I saw in the theater was Jurassic World: Dominion. I have always loved the Jurassic Park movies, and this one was no different.

When I read the initial reviews for this final installment, I pretty much rolled my eyes. I didn't go to the movie to see Oscar-worthy performances or a deep plot. I enjoyed the dinosaurs and the throwbacks to the originals.

I give it a 8/10.
Faatimah Noormahomed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faatimah-noormahomed.html
Latest Review: Karrana by Anne Skyvington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Faatimah Noormahomed »

I recently watched Dead Poets Society... it was absolutely fantastic! 10 out of 10, a movie that everyone should watch at least once.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

I recently saw the fifth season of the movie " Money Heist". I haven't finished the season entirely, but I'm already displeased that one of my favorite characters, "Tokyo" has been shot dead. I lost interest in the movie and couldn't complete it.

Return to “Films and Books”