What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I am not a movie kick nowadays but because of my little niece, I recently watched The Lion King, and I enjoyed it. My rating is perfect 5 because I love the message- Hakuna Matata means no worries! It resonates with me.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

The last movie I watched was the prince of Persia.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

The Men Who Made Ultraman, a Japanese docudrama about the making of the first Ultraman TV series. Its the story of a young director who is fired from his directors job at a studio because of radical ideas. He is hired by another studio to direct the childrens TV show Ultraman and goes through trials and tribulations, lost love, and so on. A surprisingly good movie one of the best I have seen in ages. One of those feel good movies which are kind of rare nowdays. A must see for tokusatsu fans, I give it a 10. The version I saw is in Japanese with English subtitles.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Hannah Hampton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-hampton.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Knowledge by Terence H.Young

Post by Hannah Hampton »

The last movie I watched was Bonnie and Clyde! I watched it for a film class I'm in, and I really enjoyed it. I'm no film buff but I certainly understand why it's a classic. I'd rate it a 5/5!
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

Mairin wrote: 18 Sep 2010, 15:18 Let's see.. .last one I saw in a theater was Inception which was a totally awesome movie. Last one I saw at home was Star Trek (the newest one) and surprisingly I loved it!
I absolutely love Inception. It's such a mind-scratcher! Great movie.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

I just finally watched Black Adam, and I got all excited when I saw Henry Cavill's Superman at the end... and then my boyfriend told me that Cavill will no longer be playing Superman, and I just don't understand why they would show him at the end of Black Adam and then fire him from the franchise. It makes no sense! Yes, I'm a bit peeved. Who doesn't love to see a bit of Henry in spandex on screen? haha 
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

The last movie I saw was "The Woman King". This movie really inspired me, by how much risk and danger this women put themselves into to do what was right. I would give this movie a complete star rating, it deserves that much and even much more.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Darkest Hour. About Winston Churchill's fight with parlement to convince them that seeking a treaty with Hitler would be disastarous for the nation. Gary Oldman was top-notch as Churchill. A great film, one of my favorites.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Naghma Qureshi
Currently Reading: The Whole-Brain Child
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naghma-qureshi.html
Latest Review: Odonata The Flying Jewel of Maiden Grass Pond by Barbara Gervais Ciancimino

Post by Naghma Qureshi »

I last watched Death on the Nile and now I am watching Murder on the Orient Express. I love detective series such as Hercule Poirot and Sherlock Holmes.
I would rate Death on the Nile as 7 on 10. I would have given it a 9 or 10 if it hadn't felt dragging for almost the first half. I kept waiting for the murder to happen during the first half. But after that, it was a great watch.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Naghma Qureshi wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 11:50 I last watched Death on the Nile and now I am watching Murder on the Orient Express. I love detective series such as Hercule Poirot and Sherlock Holmes.
I would rate Death on the Nile as 7 on 10. I would have given it a 9 or 10 if it hadn't felt dragging for almost the first half. I kept waiting for the murder to happen during the first half. But after that, it was a great watch.

I saw those, great movies!
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

A Dogs Purpose about a dog who goes through different lives and adventures. Great movie, sad in parts but all in all it is one of those feel good films and one of my favorites.
ealopezz
Currently Reading: Swimming in a Sea of Stars
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ealopezz »

La casa lobo
The last movie I saw it’s titled la casa lobo, I am afraid I would never find the words to describe the feelings this movie provoke in me.
The story revolves around the events that took place in the southern of Chile, specifically in the colonies founded by Germans that escaped from World War II.
The movie it’s a social and artistic denunciation of the many abuses and violations that many of the members, especially the children, suffer.
The cinematographic components, from the music to the images contribute to creat an atmosphere of fear and uncertainty that truly gets to the viewers.
5 out 5 stars.
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

The new Antman. Worth a watch and better than some of the recent Marvel offerings give it a solid 7/10
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Deep Blue Sea 2. One of those very rare instances where the sequel is as good or better than the original.
Elizabeth McNutt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N)
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-mcnutt.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Realms Coloring Book by Carolina Mattos Alvarado and Steven A Ridder
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Elizabeth McNutt »

Puss and Boots: the Last Wish. AS my sister and I watched, we laughed repeatedly with all the link backs to fairy tales as well as innuendos included. We wondered upon completion how many children would really understand this due to the depth of reading required to catch so many items. Up for awards, this movie was done in a more bilingual atmosphere which is pleasant. Very different approach for Disney which seems to be branching out to a more inclusive and global audience.

Return to “Films and Books”