What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by human reader »

The Lion King 2019 - I think this movie is better on a second watch. By then one might be able to enjoy it on its own merits. Scar is at turns sympathetic and menacing. The detail is just immaculate... it really is a technological marvel. As if you were watching nature's epic drama.
Jack King
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

Relentless - a solid film and a good pace and mix between action and drama. 7/10
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Two of the good old good ones, The Jolson Story from 1946 and the direct sequel Jolson Sings Again from 1949. A biography of Al Jolson one of the greatest singers of all time. Larry Parks who played Jolson was amazing as Jolson. Jolson himself did the voice-overs for Parks and it was perfect. One of my top favorites, 10 out of 10.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Lydia Stephen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-stephen.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Lydia Stephen »

I haven't watched a movie in a while now so I can't remember but I think I will free my self for one tonight
Oluwatobilola Olu-awe
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwatobilola-olu-awe.html
Latest Review: The Fighting Ibex by Leo Peterson

Post by Oluwatobilola Olu-awe »

I am very much a movie buff, so I’m really happy I found this form, the last movie I watched was “you people” on Netflix, I hadn’t laughed that hard in a while and it was nice seeing Eddie acting again.
Oluwatobilola Olu-awe
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwatobilola-olu-awe.html
Latest Review: The Fighting Ibex by Leo Peterson

Post by Oluwatobilola Olu-awe »

I also shamelessly binge watched a lot of marvel movies of recent, but I really don’t regret it
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

Hitchcock's original, The Lady Vanishes 1938 - This is based on a book, yet many changes were made, including the addition of a cricket loving comedic duo that would go on to be featured in other films and eventually their own TV show. It has a great balance between psychological thriller and action as well as humor and a bit of romance. Oh, and most of it is on a train. I think that makes it more special.
Lexi_Zea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B078HVJB69

Post by Lexi_Zea »

It's been a while, but the last movie I watched was "Diary ng Panget." It's a Filipino movie based on a Wattpad book. I mostly watched for nostalgia reasons, haha.

I rated the movie a 2 out of 5 stars.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I watched a TV movie, Emergency from the 1970's series, a very entertaining film with Julie London and Bobby Troup. Its one of the most realistic shows Ive ever seen for a TV show, some of the rescue situations were downright scary. I remember watching the series back in the 70's, it was always a favorite.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

I recently watched birdbox and I loved it. Sandra Bullock is someone that always kills every role. The movie kept me on the edge of my seat for a while.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Word Wise Wiz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-word-wise-wiz.html
Latest Review: Coming Full Circle: Healing Trauma Using Psychedelics by Shannon Duncan

Post by Word Wise Wiz »

"Avatar" - a definite 10/10 in my mind!
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Battle Stations a war movie about the Pacific campaign during WW2. Not a bad flick with John Lund, Richard Boone and William Bendix altho I think they relied too much on stock footage, not much was original.
Gwen Johnson
Favorite Book: Two Brothers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gwen-johnson.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Gwen Johnson »

A man called Otto with Tom hanks.
It was really enjoyable. Hank’s was brilliant as the cranky old man with a heart aching love twist that made him that way.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Target For Today a WW2 propaganda film about the daytime bombing missions from England into Nazi Germany. Interesting movie, it goes into great detail about all the preperations before a mission. Its kind of dry and repetitive but fairly enjoyable.
Alexandra Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandra-rita.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alexandra Rita »

I saw Top Gun and it was a decent movie. The end was a little bit predictable, but I will not say I hated it.

Return to “Films and Books”