Do you follow any television shows?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Re: Do you follow any television shows?

Post by Leyla Ann »

Not currently, but when I do, TV is not an option as I prefer binge-watching, otherwise, when I have to wait a whole week for an episode, I end up losing interest very fast.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Empan16
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empan16.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Post by Empan16 »

The biggest mainstream TV show that I have been following is The Walking Dead. I have been watching this show since season five and it is currently on season 10. I started watching it with my parents and essentially fell in love with it. The show has a perfect combination of horror, suspense, action, and character relationships and development. I am also very interested in dystopian/end of the world movie topics and this show captured it perfectly. I would 100% recommend this series to anyone that has a lot of time on their hands and needs a new show to start (I will warn you though, the first couple of seasons are kind of boring).
CnderAngel
Favorite Author: Janet McNulty
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnderangel.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
fav_author_id: 15021

Post by CnderAngel »

I watch Invader Zim and Wander Over Yonder the most. Not on tv obviously, but I do watch them online.

I watch a few more tv shows that I can't think of, but I tend to stick with these two since they both change my life. ^ ^ ( Invader Zim did way more tho.)
Cartoonist artist and animator, game designer, comic creator and most of all a writer.
If you are interested in my work, feel free to PM me. c: :tiphat:
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 352

Post by Tars »

Chirlerona wrote: โ†‘16 Sep 2019, 15:57 I am a huge fan of Suits and I am really gutted that the series are coming to an end next week. Tried to find a substitute to binge on when Suits are finished, and stumbled upon Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Loved it, but watched all three seasons already (Yes, I have got a job and I am a busy lady, but I do like my Netflix๐Ÿ˜‰) . Now on season 1 of " How to get away with murder". ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
I just wanted to thank you for recommendation)) I also watched "Suits" and "How to get away with murder" and made a calculated guess that our tastes may be alike, so I tried "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" and am enjoying it very much. Who would have guessed that book forum can be so useful for TV show advertising as well! :D
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Chirlerona »

I am so glad that you liked all the series I have mentioned, like you said who would have thought! I am now on Season 5 of "House of Cards", a little different as it is politics rather than legal/detective theme, but good too๐Ÿ˜Š
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

Bachelor!!!

Anyone want to gossip about it?! ๐ŸŒน
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Post by bellajavier »

I just completed friends and totally in love. Started Lucifer but it's not that great. My love for supernatural is invariable and everyone should watch it
habsfan212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habsfan212.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by habsfan212 »

Empan16 wrote: โ†‘09 Dec 2019, 12:36 The biggest mainstream TV show that I have been following is The Walking Dead. I have been watching this show since season five and it is currently on season 10. I started watching it with my parents and essentially fell in love with it. The show has a perfect combination of horror, suspense, action, and character relationships and development. I am also very interested in dystopian/end of the world movie topics and this show captured it perfectly. I would 100% recommend this series to anyone that has a lot of time on their hands and needs a new show to start (I will warn you though, the first couple of seasons are kind of boring).
Gotta agree with you on that show. I was huge fan until season 7. The quality really went down at that point in my opinion (long boring episodes, incoherent decisions by the characters, etc.) I took a break after season 8. I finally decided to watch season 9 last week and boy am I happy! We are back on track! Who thought the show would be even better without a character I loved? The comicbook is awesome too by the way, and if you are looking for end of the world tv shows, I strongly recommend See with Jason Momoa on apple tv, it's very good!
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

There are many shows on television that I truly enjoy. I especially loved Criminal Minds, which is now off. I watch Swat, New Amsterdam, Chicago Fire, and a few others. My husband likes American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Homestead Rescue, and North Woods Law.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

Iโ€™m still not following anything religiously.
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I love Supernatural and Criminal Minds. But they're both ending soon, which is depresssing.
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

I used to follow mostly Game of Thrones (the ending was really disappointing though), Marvel's Agents of Shield and The Big Bang Theory. But I haven't been watching many series lately.
Joshuaomollo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshuaomollo.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Joshuaomollo »

Billions. It's a really great show with great actors.
Mkamba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mkamba »

Yes. recently I was watching power, but the end is very disappointing.
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Post by DragonLight877 »

I like a Netflix show called The OA. Its really good. I am also a Star Trek fan too. For older shows I liked Frasier, How I Met Your mother, and Malcolm in the Middle.

Return to โ€œFilms and Booksโ€