What books do you think deserves to be made into a film?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Rest_In_Pieces
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rest_In_Pieces »

Bighuey wrote:Very few books have made good movies, theres a few exceptions like Ben-Hur, Gone With The Wind, Steven King's The Dead Zone but mostly the movies really butcher a good book. I read a book a couple years ago called The Terror by Arthur Machen and I was thinking at the time it might make a good movie if they stuck to the story and didnt change it around like they usually do. With a decent director and screenwriter it could be a very good movie. But that will probably never happen.
Almost no name recognition and popularity, so probably not..
Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect. - Alan Moore
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Thats too bad, too. Theyve made some movies out of some pretty crummy books that were big in the box office. That reminds me of something I heard a while back, The most succesful movie producer of all time is Roger Corman, he made all those cheap trashy movies( The kind I like) about mutant monsters from space and teenage werewolves and premature burials, sex-starved cycle sluts from Hell, that sort of thing. He made over 500 movies and only two of them didnt make any money. Could that be a reflection of the world we live in, I wonder.
Aileenhu
Currently Reading: Daisy Chain War

Post by Aileenhu »

GONE, by Michael Grant.

Majorly.
Because the lines are pretty exciting and if made successfully, would definitely be an awesome movie.

However, sometimes, movies aren't directed as well as the book. So ...
:D Enjoy your day~
BookSpyGal

Post by BookSpyGal »

A Wrinkle in Time (I'm just going to pretend that that straight to TV Disney release does not exist!)
jackobama309

Post by jackobama309 »

Are you a premature ejaculator? Is premature ejectulation something that always happens to you no matter what? Find a real solution for problems with natural treatment!
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Ive been reading an excellent book, Footsteps of Thunder by James F. David. It would make a great movie if its done right. I remember that movie they made a few years ago A Sound of Thunder from Ray Bradbury's classic story, they really screwed that one up. This book is similar, about dinosaurs in the same time period with modern day people and I would like to see a decent movie made from it. But its not likely, it would probably be made by some hack producer and come out garbage.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Gannon
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

I would like to see Daniel Suarez's "Daemon" and "Freedom" made into a movie. Both books are a series of exciting action packed techno-thrillers. If you would like to know more about them you should google them. Very enjoyable and with todays technology they could make fantastic SF techno films.
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
Hannellene

Post by Hannellene »

safe haven, it's an amazing story
Murphym

Post by Murphym »

The Travelers Gift - Andy Andrews
Mel Carriere

Post by Mel Carriere »

Anybody say "The Dark Tower" yet. I'm praying for this one.
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

I'd like to see the House of Night series be made into a movie or tv show. The Darkest Powers series as well.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I'm sure I heard yesterday someone say they were filming a movie version of Kate Mosse's Labyrinth ... not sure if I heard correctly as I was in a shop at the time & I don't even know what station was being broadcast so I can't go looking for a playback of the interview. Definitely a book I would be interested in seeing a movie version of but hopefully they don't ruin a fabulous book & hope they film it in the southern France.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Seregil

Post by Seregil »

The Nightrunner series by Lynn Flewelling
anu_
Currently Reading: Idiot by Fyodor

Post by anu_ »

I would love to see following books turned into movies:

1. Deception Point by Dan Brown
2. Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup
3. Under the Dome by Stephen King
4. Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
5. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (If some director has already been inspired by this book, let me know, I would love to catch up with the real life Heathcliff)
"Children were playing when Holston climbed to his death" Wool by Hug Howey
Gannon
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Fran wrote:I'm sure I heard yesterday someone say they were filming a movie version of Kate Mosse's Labyrinth ... not sure if I heard correctly as I was in a shop at the time & I don't even know what station was being broadcast so I can't go looking for a playback of the interview. Definitely a book I would be interested in seeing a movie version of but hopefully they don't ruin a fabulous book & hope they film it in the southern France.
Hey Fran, I hope you are right and they are making a movie from it. What about "The Winter Ghosts", they could make that into a movie and change it so that it is a really scary edge of your seat ghost story. I love the short book, but I think it would be a bit slow for a movie without some changes.
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa

Return to “Films and Books”