Non-fiction books: arguments against capital punishment

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
EasyToAssemble
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Non-fiction books: arguments against capital punishment

Post by EasyToAssemble »

Hello. Sorry if this is a contentious / divisive subject, but I am looking for recommendations on non-fiction books that argue against capital punishment / the death penalty. Aside from strong data on whether it reduces offending rates, I'm particularly interested in any books that feature testimonies from families, victims, or those involved in the justice system, where they have suggested that this outcome hasn't given them closure, or has been a flawed process. Obviously, books on cases of innocence and posthumous exoneration are also ideal too.

Again: not looking to rattle anyone who may feel otherwise. It's just a subject I am becoming a lot more interested in reading about, but not sure where to start. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”