Recommendation!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
JennyorAlice
Currently Reading: Tales of the Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 151

Recommendation!

Post by JennyorAlice »

Genre: Horror, science fiction, fantasy, mystery and thriller. Can take in the occasional romance if it's good.

Have read: The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling, the Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis, the Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney, the Locke & Key series by Joe Hill, the Stoneheart trilogy by Charlie Fletcher, the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, Hallowe’en Party by Agatha Christie, Murder Has a Motive by Frances Duncan, Murder for Christmas by Frances Duncan, The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly, The Cellar by Natasha Preston, The Charmed Children of Rookskill Castle by Janet Fox, Carrie by Stephen King, The Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill, The Host by Stephenie Meyer, etc.

Books I refuse to read: The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian. I read this book once upon a time and I really got into it at first but the ending disappointed me. This book really turned me away from that particular author and I won’t read anything remotely similar again.

Age range: I normally read young adult and up. I will read children’s literature if it’s good enough to hold my interest (Harry Potter series is a good example).
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

Try LE Modesitt Jr's Recluse series. Also NK Jemisin's The Broken Earth trilogy is amazing. Both are fantasy.

For science fiction, I recommend Eliot Kay's Poor Man's Fight series.
JennyorAlice

Post by JennyorAlice »

esp1975 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 21:46 Try LE Modesitt Jr's Recluse series. Also NK Jemisin's The Broken Earth trilogy is amazing. Both are fantasy.

For science fiction, I recommend Eliot Kay's Poor Man's Fight series.
Thank you for the recommendations. I'll look into the books you suggested.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Maybe you should check out the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor! I've only read the first but really enjoyed it, will check out the rest soon.. It's mostly fantasy with a great atmosphere, some romance, and just very good writing overall.
JennyorAlice

Post by JennyorAlice »

rumik wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 18:47 Maybe you should check out the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor! I've only read the first but really enjoyed it, will check out the rest soon.. It's mostly fantasy with a great atmosphere, some romance, and just very good writing overall.
Thank you for the suggestion, rumik. I've never heard of that book before but I may just go see if I can check it out from my local library.
Hina_rehan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hina_rehan »

I need a recommendation for books for a thirteen-year-old girl
JennyorAlice

Post by JennyorAlice »

Hina_rehan wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 05:18 I need a recommendation for books for a thirteen-year-old girl
What does she like to read? What has she read in the past?
Hina_rehan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hina_rehan »

She`s read the Princess Diaries,Harry Potter,Lord of the Rings etc. And now she`s reading The Selection Series by Kiera Cass.One thing she doesnt like is reading tragedy books.
Thanks for replying.
Alison Alissa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alison-alissa.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by Alison Alissa »

I have read a classic Warramunga`s aftermath of war by Greg Kater a clear definition that a pen is mightier than a sword,patience pays.A story that took me on a trip to Philippines while capturing child traffickers.I recommend this for audiences that love intrigue and how logical approaches help to strike two birds with one stone.
Novelbound
Currently Reading: She Walks These Hills
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novelbound.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Novelbound »

Since you've already read a couple of Joe Hill's novels, I highly recommend NOS4A2. It's my absolute favorite. I also recommend anything by Jennifer McMahon. My favorite of hers is The Winter People.
Lee-Ann20
Currently Reading: Lovely War
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-ann20.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Lee-Ann20 »

Have you read anything by Cassandra Clare, Sarah J. Maas or Leigh Bardugo? They are fantasy authors you might enjoy.
JennyorAlice

Post by JennyorAlice »

Hina_rehan wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 13:02 She`s read the Princess Diaries,Harry Potter,Lord of the Rings etc. And now she`s reading The Selection Series by Kiera Cass.One thing she doesnt like is reading tragedy books.
Thanks for replying.
"The Charmed Children of Rookskull Castle" by Janet Fox or the "Stoneheart" trilogy by Charlie Fletcher would be good if she liked the Harry Potter series.

Thank you to everyone else that has left suggestions for me. :D
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eunice Geres »

Six of Crows and Red Queen are great books...
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

Fae Liesl Enchantee wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 05:09 Six of Crows and Red Queen are great books...

Both titles are intriguing
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”