Space Horror like "Alien"

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
AugustusCaesar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Space Horror like "Alien"

Post by AugustusCaesar »

Hey,

Horror is my favorite Genre in all media and I was always a huge Fan of the Alien-Franchise. I never read the Novels of the Franchise before I started a few months ago because I feared they were just your usual mediocre-at-best Novelization, but most of those I read were actually very good and some even great. Especially the official novelizations by Alan Dean Foster as well as "River of Pain" by Christopher Golden. Though there were some mediocre ones as well as one terrible (Alien - Prototype, one of two Books ever I couldn't finish).

Anyway, I am quickly running out of Alien-Novels and thus I am looking for a Space-Horror Novel that is similar in theme and horror as Alien.

That is to say, it should be set in Space (including Space Stations) or on Alien Planets (Colonized or not), feature Hostile Aliens (both sentient or not) and the setting should be grounded, so nothing too fancy or "fantastical" like Space Vampires, Teleportation, daily Cloning, or a political landscape that is completely foreign to what we now could imagine. I don't mind if it is set in our time or in the future. I also don't mind if it is more slow, psychological Horror like the first "Alien", or has a bit more action like "Aliens", as long as it still is Horror.

It doesn't have to be Hard-SF (though that would be a plus), but it should be within the realm of logic and sense according to our current understanding of Space and (Future) Technology.

I hope someone can help me!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”