Mystery/Thriller Recommendations

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
dcruzsammy
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcruzsammy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Mystery/Thriller Recommendations

Post by dcruzsammy »

Can anyone recommend me some books with mystery/thriller themes? I was browsing through book genres, and went past this particular one and remembered that the last time I read a book in this genre was from 6 years ago, Smash Cut I believe was the title, and I am in need to get back on this track.
kiki2881
Currently Reading: The diary of a little girl
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiki2881.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by kiki2881 »

"You" by Caroline Kepnes is about a stalker/serial killer.
elllajxx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elllajxx.html
Latest Review: The Midas Effect by Manuel Dorado

Post by elllajxx »

Hi. I would very much like to recommend for you to read "The Silent Patient" by Alex Michaelides. It was the first book that got me back to reading last year. I literally did not put the book down once I started reading it. It was about a psychotherapist obsessing over a particular case wherein a woman shot her husband in the face and remained silent after committing the crime. Hands down, one of the best books that I have read. It got me second-guessing about what really happened. I don't know if it's just me, but I did not see the end coming.
dcruzsammy

Post by dcruzsammy »

elllajxx wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 23:49 Hi. I would very much like to recommend for you to read "The Silent Patient" by Alex Michaelides. It was the first book that got me back to reading last year. I literally did not put the book down once I started reading it. It was about a psychotherapist obsessing over a particular case wherein a woman shot her husband in the face and remained silent after committing the crime. Hands down, one of the best books that I have read. It got me second-guessing about what really happened. I don't know if it's just me, but I did not see the end coming.
I am taking your words for this one. I'm currently looking it up and there's a mix of reactions on this one. Thank you for your recommendation!
dcruzsammy

Post by dcruzsammy »

kiki2881 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 11:24 "You" by Caroline Kepnes is about a stalker/serial killer.
Is this the novel where the series of the same name was adapted? I haven't watched that yet so I hope it'll be a good idea to read it first before I watch the series.
kiki2881
Currently Reading: The diary of a little girl
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiki2881.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by kiki2881 »

dcruzsammy wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 04:19
kiki2881 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 11:24 "You" by Caroline Kepnes is about a stalker/serial killer.
Is this the novel where the series of the same name was adapted? I haven't watched that yet so I hope it'll be a good idea to read it first before I watch the series.
It is. "you" also has a sequel called "the hidden bodies" you might try as well. 😊
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

dcruzsammy wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 11:04 Can anyone recommend me some books with mystery/thriller themes? I was browsing through book genres, and went past this particular one and remembered that the last time I read a book in this genre was from 6 years ago, Smash Cut I believe was the title, and I am in need to get back on this track.
Books written by Sidney Sheldon.
And Then There Were None, Death Comes as The End, Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie.
Mark Billingham and Jonathan Kellerman are some great authors too.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

A Stranger In The House, An unwanted guest, The couple Next Door, Someone We Know — all by Shari Lapena. She is an excellent author and her books are hard to put down! Also , I would highly recommend Pearl Harbor Mansion ( can’t remember author) , A nearly Normal Family by M.T Edwardsson, No Bad Deed by Heather Chavez, The secret Mother by Shalini Boland , The Eoman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware . I can list so many more . Lmk if you try any of these and what you think. I have a lot more recommendations if you you some more:) hope this helped
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

• The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Post by TopaAzul062 »

Caroline Graham's DCI Barnaby books may interest you. Brian O'Hare is another author that may interest you as well. Don't encounter many mystery books but these stood out to me.
MysticSpade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticspade.html

Post by MysticSpade »

elllajxx wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 23:49 Hi. I would very much like to recommend for you to read "The Silent Patient" by Alex Michaelides. It was the first book that got me back to reading last year. I literally did not put the book down once I started reading it. It was about a psychotherapist obsessing over a particular case wherein a woman shot her husband in the face and remained silent after committing the crime. Hands down, one of the best books that I have read. It got me second-guessing about what really happened. I don't know if it's just me, but I did not see the end coming.
Ooooooo! I am definitely going to give this one a read. Thanks for sharing!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Andrea Hale 1 wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 09:22
Ooooooo! I am definitely going to give this one a read. Thanks for sharing!
I also loved that book. The author has a new book which I read and loved, The Maidens, and it is even better than the first book.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Elenaaaa
Currently Reading: The darkest part of forest
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenaaaa.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by Elenaaaa »

If you want fantasy mystery- I suggest you to read Neil Gaimens "Neverwhere"
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

I would recommend A Mother's Secret by TJ Stimson

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”