Fantasy or Paranormal book series with female main lead written from before 1990

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Crystalz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Fantasy or Paranormal book series with female main lead written from before 1990

Post by Crystalz »

I’m looking for a fantasy book or series with a female lead which was written before this time. I will stretch it to my birth year of 1992. I’m just curious on books from this time period.
I’m told there wasn’t much around just one Tamara Pierce book called The Song of Lioness by Tamora Pierce.?
Is there anything else around? I would like it to be easy to read and not violent if possible, just lots of adventure. Set in pre 1900..
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Crystalz wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 03:27 I’m looking for a fantasy book or series with a female lead which was written before this time. I will stretch it to my birth year of 1992. I’m just curious on books from this time period.
I’m told there wasn’t much around just one Tamara Pierce book called The Song of Lioness by Tamora Pierce.?
Is there anything else around? I would like it to be easy to read and not violent if possible, just lots of adventure. Set in pre 1900..
Look at authors like Mercedes Lackey, Andre Norton, Anne Rice, and other women authors of the time (WARNING in regards to Marion Zimmer Bradley: she did some very bad things to her child. You may not want to read her. I enjoyed her books before it all came out and it honestly makes me ill).

Anyway, they do often have male protagonists (i.e. Anne Rice and Lestat), but they have a fare number of protagonists who are women as well.

For example, Anne Rice's Mayfare Witches series. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Crystalz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Crystalz »

Gravy wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 21:57
Crystalz wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 03:27 I’m looking for a fantasy book or series with a female lead which was written before this time. I will stretch it to my birth year of 1992. I’m just curious on books from this time period.
Look at authors like Mercedes Lackey, Andre Norton, Anne Rice, and other women authors of the time (WARNING in regards to Marion Zimmer Bradley: she did some very bad things to her child. You may not want to read her. I enjoyed her books before it all came out and it honestly makes me ill).

Anyway, they do often have male protagonists (i.e. Anne Rice and Lestat), but they have a fare number of protagonists who are women as well.

For example, Anne Rice's Mayfare Witches series. :tiphat:
Thank you, I will check them out

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”