Recommendations for Agatha Christie-like crime mysteries

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Recommendations for Agatha Christie-like crime mysteries

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I know that Agatha Christie's books are old fashioned, but I do really enjoy them. Are there any recent books that resemble her books?
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

Have you tried the Patricia Fisher Mysteries? I’m completely addicted to them right now! Kindle unlimited lets you borrow a box set at a time too.
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

I know youre looking for a book but id definitely reccomend the ace attorney games !! but for a book, ive heard the father brown series is good :)
Sarah Sonbol
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

brooke oakes wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 10:03 Have you tried the Patricia Fisher Mysteries? I’m completely addicted to them right now! Kindle unlimited lets you borrow a box set at a time too.
Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't tried her books, but I would definitely do.
Sarah Sonbol
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

usef nahg wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 05:53 I know youre looking for a book but id definitely reccomend the ace attorney games !! but for a book, ive heard the father brown series is good :)
I'm the last person to try video games :D . But, I will look for father Brown series as you've suggested. Thanks for the recommendation.
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

Sarah Sonbol wrote: 15 Dec 2021, 14:11
usef nahg wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 05:53 I know youre looking for a book but id definitely reccomend the ace attorney games !! but for a book, ive heard the father brown series is good :)
I'm the last person to try video games :D . But, I will look for father Brown series as you've suggested. Thanks for the recommendation.
the ace attorney series is actually a visual novel! its a game genre where you dont really do much and mostly just text and images,barely any gameplay if that helps, hope you enjoy the father brown books!! :)
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

Try to read Keigo Higashino's books. Or Soji Shimada. They are Japanese authors who write detective novels. In case there's Indonesian people here too, I recommend S. Mara Gd's books. They have similar vibes to Agatha Christie's.. but the characters and story settings are in Indonesia.
Sarah Sonbol
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 09:13 Try to read Keigo Higashino's books. Or Soji Shimada. They are Japanese authors who write detective novels. In case there's Indonesian people here too, I recommend S. Mara Gd's books. They have similar vibes to Agatha Christie's.. but the characters and story settings are in Indonesia.
Are S.Mara Gd's book in English or Indonesian? It would be interesting to read books set in Indonesia, but I can't read indonesian though.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”