Poetry Books

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
josephinemmarsh
Currently Reading: Dutch Girl
Bookshelf Size: 11

Poetry Books

Post by josephinemmarsh »

Does anyone have good recommendations for poetry books? I have read a number by R.H. Sin, Amanda Lovelace, and a few others which I absolutely LOVED. I'm trying to branch out for more books. I just got she fits inside these words
POETIC PACIFIC
Favorite Book: The Illuminati Conspiracy
Currently Reading: The Poetic Pacific
Bookshelf Size: 220

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

I would like to recommend one, but it will be like my own book, but it will seem like I will promote it here, so I rather not.
a musical mind!
Renee_Lorne
Currently Reading: The Tea Book
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-lorne.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Renee_Lorne »

If you like that kind of poetry then you would probably enjoy Atticus’s poetry (I recommend their later works). Personally, one of my favorite poetry books is Pure Pagan: Seven Centuries of Greek Poetry and Fragments, edited and translated by Burton Raffel, but only if you enjoy more historical poetry like Sappho or Rumi. I’m also currently reading The Octopus Museum by Brenda Shaughnessy. It was published recently, 2019, and I’m enjoying it, but the poems are longer and a lil more difficult compared to RH Sin or Lovelace.
Grant Swai
Currently Reading: Blue Collar Cash
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Grant Swai »

It's okay if you make a promotion of it here; seeing what you mean't about would mean a lot to the people reviewing what your work of art means about when they make views of what you write.
Ashley Price 3
Favorite Book: Home Body
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-price-3.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose

Post by Ashley Price 3 »

I recommend reading Rupi Kaur and Billy Chapata as they write in a similar style to the authors you listed!
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

You should read Mihai Eminescu Poems.
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

Forget Me Not by Ellie Terry
Luciana2007
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Luciana2007 »

If you’r into poetry, specifically comedic poetry and you enjoy a good laugh this book is for you.
“where the sidewalk ends” could probably be one of the best books i’ve read in my whole life, the first time i held it i was 7 years old and since then its been my favorite. “Where the sidewalk ends” isn’t a book only for grown ups or only for kids, it is a book that doesn’t have an age limit, you can read it at any age and it will still be an amazing read. Till this day this is still my fav book due too how much i connected with it, every single page will make you laugh and even cry, definitely recommend you to read this book. In addition every single poem is has a special narrative that will captivate you and simply make you laugh and enjoy every second of your read.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”