Suggested Reading for Pride Month?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
headlessheart
Currently Reading: Mercy's Light
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-headlessheart.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Suggested Reading for Pride Month?

Post by headlessheart »

Hey everyone, with Pride Month upon us I'm hoping for some suggestions about LGBT+/queer literature. To be honest I'm always hoping for queer lit suggestions. I'm less interested in coming out stories, and more interested in fiction stories by queer authors with queer characters. Does anyone have any favorite authors, books, or series?
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

headlessheart wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 13:09 Hey everyone, with Pride Month upon us I'm hoping for some suggestions about LGBT+/queer literature. To be honest I'm always hoping for queer lit suggestions. I'm less interested in coming out stories, and more interested in fiction stories by queer authors with queer characters. Does anyone have any favorite authors, books, or series?

I have a few I can offer.

I really enjoy Shaun David Hutchinson's writing. Queerness is a major theme in all of his books. He has an interesting way of writing metaphor. His newest, Howl, is a really good example of this.

If you like it when queerness is just going on in the story but isn't the focus of the story itself, I highly recommend pretty much everything by Seanan McGuire (her first few books don't really have any queerness, because publishing still has prejudices, but she started including it as soon as she could get away with it).

If you like poetry at all, I recently read Jay Hulme's collections and really enjoyed them.

I've also got a few non-fiction I could recommend, if that's something that interests you.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Henry Patrovic
Favorite Book: A Touch of Power
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-patrovic.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Henry Patrovic »

Journals of Evander Tailor by Tobias Begley or The Whispering Crystals by H. C. Mills. Both of them are fantasy books with gay main characters.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”