Books wherethe main character (preferably a male) hasto struggle to stay alive

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
IreneFa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Books wherethe main character (preferably a male) hasto struggle to stay alive

Post by IreneFa »

I have pretty specific cravings at times, and this month I want to read stories, fiction or real, about people who had to go above and beyond to stay alive.

I don't shy away from written violence or bad language, but please don't suggest books that describe sexual acts in detail.

I just want something to keep me occupied until June is over. I don't know why, but this month is pure insanity where I live.
Henry Patrovic
Favorite Book: A Touch of Power
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-patrovic.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Henry Patrovic »

There are so many books I can recommend on this topic:

- Nullform by Den Mikhailov, if you like a bit of horror
- The Range by Yuri Ulengov, if you like military science fiction
- The Stitched Worlds by Macronomicon, if you like fantasy with a side of humour
- Pyresouls Apocalypse by James T. Callum, if you like dark fantasy

All of them are free on kindle unlimited. I hope you enjoy at least one of my suggestions. 😁
Tamara Bengesai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

When survival is mentioned, one book that comes to mind is
Touching the Void by Joe Simpson.
This a great book, you will enjoy reading it.
BravoJedi
Favorite Author: Jason Albano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 259269

Post by BravoJedi »

I would say my own books, if you are looking for violence, No Tears (Northern Company) and No Tears (Inheritance). Inheritance just got 4/5 stars and is reviewed in the historical fiction forums.

Although I do not know if I should be or can be promoting my own books. :o :doh: But one of the stars taken off was for violence and if you are looking for that, then I would recommend Inheritance, as it has been reviewed and you can jump right into it without too much knowledge of the first book (per the reviewer). And since Northern Company has not been reviewed yet, I would rather point you towards the book I know is good per other people other than myself.

(Mods, totally understand if you take this post down. I am still getting use to the forum rules and etiquette, both for myself and for authors.) :techie-studyinggray:
Book author of A Story of the Beginning and the No Tears series.
Author Page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelves/author.php?a=259269

"I guess every once in a while both suns shine on a womp rats tail." - The Mandalorian

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”