Book Suggestions and Question

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Amber Gildon
Currently Reading: The ladies of the Lost Circus
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-gildon.html
Latest Review: Shine a Light by Nicky Corcoran

Book Suggestions and Question

Post by Amber Gildon »

Hello, I am currently looking for suggestions for books to read. I am a very avid reader and will read almost anything but I am struggling to find books similar to particular authors that really just make me not want to put them down. Authors that I love are Deborah Harkness, Cassandra Clare, Constance Sayers, and I have found a recent love for N.L. Holmes after reviewing one of her books. I have searched many "books like" and "Authors like" pages but I often find other readers are more accurate than maybe a publisher or website pairing. So please feel free to drop suggestions, also note, please don't be offended if I have already read your suggestion, I really do read ALOT..

Secondary to that request, I was curious as other avid readers if you notice that people often seem annoyed or maybe in disbelief when they suggest books or refer to a book and you say you've read it. Or when they ask you how many books you've read and to answer them honestly you sound like your bragging or making it up, so you kind of just say "alot"..... am I alone on this??
aazminsyeda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aazminsyeda.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by aazminsyeda »

We Don’t Know Ourselves, by Fintan O’Toole.
Erin Salie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-salie.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Erin Salie »

Sorry to say I don't have any suggestions, but I completely agree with you, people get so offended when you've already read something they suggested. I'm not sure if it's just me but I usually try to avoid letting anyone onto just how much I read. It's not that I'm ashamed it's simply I've been having this conversation for so long I don't want to have to justify my love of books! Plus if I don't show them my library they'll never ask to borrow and subsequently lose a book..

It's almost as annoying as having someone walk up to you to ask you what you're reading - look at the cover and leave me alone! I'm reading! xD

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”