Dark Romance Author Suggestions?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Jonté Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jont-joy.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Dark Romance Author Suggestions?

Post by Jonté Joy »

I'm looking for a new dark romance author to get into, any suggestions? I love/read everything from Tillie Cole and Emily McIntire already, the darker, the better for me! :D
Carrye McDonald
Currently Reading: Truth That Dawns
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrye-mcdonald.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B004HZYA6E

Post by Carrye McDonald »

I've got 2 that I really enjoyed. If you like fantasy, the Blood Alliance series by Lexi C. Foss. If you prefer real-world fiction, the Devil's Night series by Penelope Douglas. As I recall, they're both pretty explicit in the sexual scenes and -- be warned -- these are extremely dark. They are romances, and as expected, have happy endings. But they deal with themes of abuse, slavery, human trafficking, self-harm...and the list goes on. And it's on page and with the main characters most of the time.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Try J.J McAvoy or Pepper Winters.
Aarya Gondkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarya-gondkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Aarya Gondkar »

'Elora' by BeanieHarper on the app 'Wattpad'. It is actually well penned and edited too. Please read its description and tags on the app before reading.
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."-roald dahl
ashlee tremaine
Currently Reading: The Hunger
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ashlee tremaine »

The Society Trilogy written by Natasha Knight and A. Zavarelli is fantastic. I didn't expect too much from it, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is VERY dark and the male main character is not exactly likeable for a good portion of the series, but the scenes are hot and the story is superb.
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Grass by Mark Mc Quown

Post by Alissa Nesson »

I’m currently rereading the Riley Jensen Guardian novels, which definitely qualifies as dark romance but it’s also paranormal romance. I’m not sure if you’re into that, but if you are or you think you could be you should check it out. It features creatures like werewolves and vampires. The first book is called Full Moon Rising.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Latest Review: Grass by Mark Mc Quown

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”