What book left you with a book hangover?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Joy Max
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-max.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott

What book left you with a book hangover?

Post by Joy Max »

Some books are so great that when you're done you can't seem to let it go. Sometimes you think about the book again years after you've read it. I'm looking for books like that, if you have any recommendations, comment below.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Oh my God!! I remember reading "Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway. I was so obsessed with the characters' romance and the tumultuous events that shaped their lives, that I almost lost my mind at the end. I also read "Patul lui Procust" by Camil Petrescu. I went through a charade of moods and emotions while reading this book. The ending just left me heartbroken. I'm not really sure how the title if the book sounds in English, but I am sure you could find it in the English version.
RonnyCollins27
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: complex PTSD Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronnycollins27.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by RonnyCollins27 »

The series by Belle Forrest, the Shade of Vampire. There are over 73 books I believe :doh: , so far, and I’ve read each one. Definite word/reading hang over!
Carrye McDonald
Currently Reading: Truth That Dawns
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrye-mcdonald.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B004HZYA6E

Post by Carrye McDonald »

For me, The Road by Cormac McCarthy and I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. The Road is pretty similar to the movie, but I found it more impactful when reading. I Am Legend is very different from the movie. For example, the main character is just an average guy instead of scientist trying to find a cure. I think about both books often.
JaymeB613
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaymeb613.html
Latest Review: Eating Bull by Carrie Rubin

Post by JaymeB613 »

Saving Noah by Lucinda Berry made me an instant fan. She was able to take an unthinkable, and honestly, disgusting topic and force me to evaluate how I would respond in that situation. I am a mother of three boys and this story solidified how deep a mother's love is.
Joy Max
Currently Reading:

Post by Joy Max »

Valeria Rotaru wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 01:27 Oh my God!! I remember reading "Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway. I was so obsessed with the characters' romance and the tumultuous events that shaped their lives, that I almost lost my mind at the end. I also read "Patul lui Procust" by Camil Petrescu. I went through a charade of moods and emotions while reading this book. The ending just left me heartbroken. I'm not really sure how the title if the book sounds in English, but I am sure you could find it in the English version.
I was actually thinking of reading farewell to arms. Since you liked it this much, I'll give it a try. I've never heard of Patul lui Procust though.
Crs webco
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: An American Conspiracy
Currently Reading: Resonant
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crs-webco.html
Latest Review: An American Conspiracy by Alan C. Moore
Reading Device: B07WGJ9KT3

Post by Crs webco »

Have you read The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? I know that they have filmed some, but the films just don't have the impact that the books do.
Crs webco
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: An American Conspiracy
Currently Reading: Resonant
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crs-webco.html
Latest Review: An American Conspiracy by Alan C. Moore
Reading Device: B07WGJ9KT3

Post by Crs webco »

I agree. I always try to read the books before watching a movie or a series. They have to cut so much in order to fit the format that a lot of the story is ignored. I have read all but the latest one and even though I subscribed to Starz for the purpose, I have not been able to make myself start the series.
Joy Max
Currently Reading:

Post by Joy Max »

Webco1577 wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 02:23 Have you read The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? I know that they have filmed some, but the films just don't have the impact that the books do.
I haven't. I think I might have heard of the series before, but I didn't pay attention to it. If you think it's a good series then maybe I should read the books.
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. It is a fantasy/fiction novel with great world building and characters.
aazminsyeda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aazminsyeda.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by aazminsyeda »

Peer -e- Kamil was life-changing book for me. It has an innovative perspective for me.
Aarya Gondkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarya-gondkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Aarya Gondkar »

Book hangovers, gosh, they're something else! I remember reading 'The Da Vinci Code' and getting hungover over the masterpiece, adoring its genius plot and storytelling. I couldn't get over the beauty of it for several days.
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."-roald dahl
AnnaDima
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AnnaDima »

Have you ever read book "Reminders of Him” by Colleen Hoover, I loved every single thing about this book. I never felt so much frustration, anger, and pain all at once for a character ever. Colleen knew exactly what she was doing when writing this book. You can read more review on quicknovels. net
Jack King
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. I love reading about WW2 first hand accounts and this is the best I've read. I struggle with history books that are just listing dates and times of battles, casualties etc etc. I know first hand accounts are not always the most accurate but it paints the picture of what was happening on an individual level so well.

I remember when I finished reading feeling that I would never read a book like it ever again and I still think that today.
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

Three of Khaled Hosseini's books left me with a hangover. Despite reading them three years ago, I still relish the plot in each book. They are:
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Kite Runner
And the Mountains Echoed

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”