What are some good underrated horror books to read?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
urrutiap
Bookshelf Size: 0

What are some good underrated horror books to read?

Post by urrutiap »

I just ordered Clive Barker's Books of Blood earlier today to start out with.

Just wondering what other good underrated stuff to read thats in Clive Barker territory?

Ive already read enough of Stephen King and H.P. Lovecraft over the years anyway
Ashna Tibrewal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ashna Tibrewal »

The Childs semetary by Stephan King
ashlee tremaine
Currently Reading: The Hunger
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ashlee tremaine »

I haven't read anything by Clive Barker, so I'm not 100% sure what all his stories entail, but I've been getting into horror lately and definitely have a few suggestions. Near the Bone by Christina Henry is a great read and deals with multiple kinds of monster. Paul Tremblay is excellent as well - Head Full of Ghosts is my personal favorite. Kill Creek by Scott Thomas is a gruesome and intense book about a Haunted House that I liked way more than I thought I would.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”