Great historical fiction

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Sabriah Overton
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Heal Thyself: For Health and Longevity
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabriah-overton.html
Latest Review: Like a Lily Among the Thorns by Karen S. Bell

Icon Great historical fiction

Post by Sabriah Overton »

If anyone loves historical fiction and is open to a great read. "Inamorata" by Megan Chance is one interesting read, definitely proved to me that you can't judge a book by cover. I loved this book.
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Alissa Nesson »

If you like mysteries there’s a fun series by Victoria Thompson called The Gaslight Mysteries that takes place in the Victorian Age. I also remember loving The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

If you love historical mysteries and are also a fan of classic writers like Charles Dickens, I recommend The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. The fact that it is still in print after 150 years says something about the skill of the writer. It has lots of unexpected twists and turns with some really interesting characters.
Ashley Price 3
Favorite Book: Home Body
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-price-3.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Ashley Price 3 »

I love the Book Thief and The Tattooist of Auschwitz for WW2 historical fictions.
Magirus
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Magirus »

Lizzie Mustard wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 04:04 If you love historical mysteries and are also a fan of classic writers like Charles Dickens, I recommend The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. The fact that it is still in print after 150 years says something about the skill of the writer. It has lots of unexpected twists and turns with some really interesting characters.
I will definitely agree with the opinion. Great book

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”