What do you recommend?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
courkee
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courkee.html

What do you recommend?

Post by courkee »

I've recently started reading the Fever series by Karen Moning and fell in love. I usually like the darker genres. Things about demons, anything supernatural, paranormal, etc. What books/authors do you recommend? :3
raswales
Currently Reading: The last anniversary
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raswales.html

Post by raswales »

Have you tried the House of Night series by P.C. Cast? Once you get into the series I felt like it gets kinda dark with supernatural witchcraft type storylines.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: NOAH by Naazir Aram Musa

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I really liked the Odd Thomas series. I'm not sure if that would be of interest to you. A series that my sister really liked was Vampire Diaries, although that one is written for a little bit younger audience.
Sohana Hasan
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Favorite Book: shadow and bones
Currently Reading: The Beautiful
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sohana-hasan.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Sohana Hasan »

courkee wrote: 11 May 2016, 19:33 I've recently started reading the Fever series by Karen Moning and fell in love. I usually like the darker genres. Things about demons, anything supernatural, paranormal, etc. What books/authors do you recommend? :3
Be prepared for a long, long list. This is one of my favorite genres, and I think it might show.

Cassandra Clare has all form of supernatural and paranormal creatures in her series The Mortal Instruments. Sarah J. Maas leans more towards writing about the Fae, ethereally beautiful creatures that live forever. The name of the series is A Court of Thorns and Roses, which is also the name of the first book. Holly Black’s series The Folk of the Air is pretty good too: The first book, The Cruel Prince, is one that I own and still adore. Sarah J. Maas also has the Throne of Glass series which relies heavily on demons, mystery and all that. You might like it!

Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy wasn’t a book that I really liked, but it fits the genre so you might enjoy it. She also has the Georgina Kincaid series which stars a demon succubus and is all about the fight between Heaven and Hell. The Fallen series by Lauren Kate is pretty great too—it's about angels and demons.

Disclaimer: Every single one of these books and series has a healthy dose of romance. Beware if that’s a problem for you.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”