Looking for a new book!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Looking for a new book!

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I want to find something similar to Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn or The Girl on the Train. I love a good thriller book. Any recommendations are appreciated!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

You could read Dark Places and Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.
Don't Breathe a Word and The One I Left Behind both by Jennifer McMahon
Defending Jacob by William Landay
And I don't know if you like classics but Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier is a great gothic/romantic/thriller.
Hope you enjoy. :)
Kourtney Bradley

Thank you so much!
I actually already read Dark Places and Sharp Objects and loved them both, so you've given great recommendations! I'll have to check out the others! Thanks again!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Platinumpusheen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Platinumpusheen »

Do you mean Gone Girl, as in the one that got turned into a movie? Cuz the end of that one sucked. If you ever need a book to pick up, I suggest Libba Bray, S.A.Bodeen, Marissa Meyer. Also if you truly are looking for suspense, your looking for Dean Koontz, in my opinion.
Xmichellem
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xmichellem.html

Post by Xmichellem »

If you are looking for a really good series to dive into, The touch series by Laurie Faria Stolarz is an addicting thriller/romance that'll leave you wanting to read more and more. It is a sort of high school romance which mixes into a bit of a supernatural feel.
sullwyn39
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sullwyn39 »

If you like thrillers and detective novels with some romance read the Tania Carver series of books. Tania Carver is his pen name -he's actually Martyn Waites. He writes about DI Phil Brennan and Marina Espisito.. The first book is the Surrogate about a killer who targets pregnant women and it's really gruesome but so completely awesome!! I think there is six books so far with a couple more coming. I Highly recommend these..
Novelbound
Currently Reading: She Walks These Hills
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novelbound.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Novelbound »

I suggest The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. It's definitely in that Gone Girl realm and pretty enjoyable.
Kourtney Bradley

Novelbound wrote:I suggest The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. It's definitely in that Gone Girl realm and pretty enjoyable.
I've actually read that one, and recently finished Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica, which were both great!
–Vera Nazarian
Novelbound
Currently Reading: She Walks These Hills
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novelbound.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Novelbound »

I've actually read that one, and recently finished Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica, which were both great!
Haha Well, at least I guessed right. Okay here is another go: Find Her by Lisa Gardner. It's really wild and there's some twists. It's supposed to be part of a series, but all of those have stand alone plots with just the same detective.
Kourtney Bradley

Novelbound wrote:

Haha Well, at least I guessed right. Okay here is another go: Find Her by Lisa Gardner. It's really wild and there's some twists. It's supposed to be part of a series, but all of those have stand alone plots with just the same detective.
Thanks! I'll have to check that one out! I've read a few by Lisa Gardner.
–Vera Nazarian
rockymountain24
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rockymountain24.html

Post by rockymountain24 »

The Named series by Marianne Curley. I read it years ago and it became one of my favorite sci-fi fantasy books. The genre description doesn't say it's a mystery/slight thriller but I'm pretty sure I remember it being so.
Kourtney Bradley

rockymountain24 wrote:The Named series by Marianne Curley. I read it years ago and it became one of my favorite sci-fi fantasy books. The genre description doesn't say it's a mystery/slight thriller but I'm pretty sure I remember it being so.
thank you for the recommendation! I'll check it out too!
–Vera Nazarian
BookPrincess88
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookprincess88.html

Post by BookPrincess88 »

Hey :)

Have you read any Peter James books? I would say they follow Crime/Thriller genre also I personally love Nikki French books and would definitely recommend them!!
Kourtney Bradley

BookPrincess88 wrote:Hey :)

Have you read any Peter James books? I would say they follow Crime/Thriller genre also I personally love Nikki French books and would definitely recommend them!!
I have not, so I'll have to check those out too! Thank you for the recommendation!
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”