Recommendations: Mythology Based Fiction

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
ASWinchester
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswinchester.html

Recommendations: Mythology Based Fiction

Post by ASWinchester »

I loved reading the Percy Jackson Series both the Olympians and the Heroes of Olympus book and absolutely loved them! I could get lost in them over and over again. I love mythology so I'm wondering if there's any recommendations in books with a mythology base. I already know about the other books by Riordan. I'm honestly not looking for anything with a heavy romance base, just fun and adventurous.
Henry Patrovic
Favorite Book: A Touch of Power
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-patrovic.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Henry Patrovic »

Hi, I’m also a big fan of Riordan. I especially liked the mythology aspects, especially the Greek ones. Because of that I would recommend “Kairos” by Maxime J. Durand.
G Duda
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-duda.html
Latest Review: From Burnout to Belonging by Kimberly Carozzi

Post by G Duda »

The Pegasus series by Kate O'Hearn is something I adored as a teen. It centers Greek & Roman mythology primarily, & is in a similar age bracket to Percy Jackson while still being engaging & fun. The Szeptucha trilogy by Katarzyna Berenika Miszczuk is also great, & that is specifically about Slavic mythology, answering the question of 'what if Poland never took the Christian Baptism?' but it still has magic & the like. It's a bit more romancy than the Pegasus books, but it deals with a subject matter that is often neglected in media outside of Slavic countries, so I'm always glad to recommend such books to a wider audience
Great-minds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-great-minds.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Great-minds »

The Song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller
While it has some romantic elements, it primarily focuses on the friendship and adventures of Achilles and Patroclus in Greek mythology.
Elissaunedited
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elissaunedited.html
Latest Review: Sentinel Of The Light by Dennis W Rhoades

Post by Elissaunedited »

The dark Olympus series is what I am actually currently reading. I am on book 3 and love it. A very fun take on well known Olympic figures.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”