Please please help!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Zmull
Bookshelf Size: 0

Please please help!

Post by Zmull »

I am looking to do a fun challenge with a friend. For Christmas, I want to give my friend a book in which she is completely blind to. This involves wrapping the cover, blackening out any mention of the title or author, basically removing any identity of the book. Once she finishes, I’ll give her the option to remove the cover to find out what the book is called or let it remain a mystery forever. I’m hoping someone has thee book destined for this challenge.

Here are some of her 5 star rated books to help you get to know her:

The Nightingale
Into Thin Air
The Great Alone (her favorite book)
Between Two Kingdoms
The Poppy War (her favorite series)
Chain-Gang All-Stars
The School for Good Mothers
A Court of Silver Flames
The Fifth Season
Coraline
Giovanni’s Room
The Trap

*Bonus points the books title isn’t commonly mentioned within the text. I was going to choose The Last Lecture for this challenge but the title is mentioned like 20 times within the first 50 pages lol

Thank you so much!
Susan Ledezma
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Bound by Firelight
Currently Reading: Light Filters In
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Susan Ledezma »

If your friend loves The Poppy War series she should read Babel which is by the same author R.F. Kuang. However, if she is just as much as a fan as I am then she has probably already read it. You could also chose She Who Became the Sun by Shelley-Parker Chan. I haven't personally read it but I have heard from a lot of people that it's really good and people who read it also loved The Poppy War since they have some similarities. Hope this helps :D
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”