Books about the Amish

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
mhem36
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhem36.html

Books about the Amish

Post by mhem36 »

This may sound a bit strange, but lately I have been very interested in learning about the Amish. I am looking for books of any genre about the Amish. I would prefer fiction or biography, but I am open to all genres! I read one by Jodi Picoult, but have not been able to locate many other on the subject.
StephThyng
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephthyng.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by StephThyng »

You must be referring to Plain Truth, that's a nice story. When I was in high school I read The Angels Trilogy by Lurlene McDaniel. It depicts the lifestyle of the Amish in a very real light and takes you along the journey of an Amish boy who falls in love with a non-Amish girl and goes through his 'trial' period of choosing what kind of life he wants to live, the Amish way or not. It's a pretty decent read and does well giving you a view of a different living style.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Beverly Lewis writes tons of books about Amish people.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”