I would love some recommendations

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Quinnton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Icon I would love some recommendations

Post by Quinnton »

I would like to get back to reading, but I find it overwhelming with how many books are available.
I'd appreciate some recommendations!

To provide some context, let me explain what types of stories I've enjoyed and what I try to avoid.

I haven't ventured out from Star Wars novels in a long while. I generally enjoy science fiction (particularly space opera, alternate history, cyberpunk), fantasy (high fantasy, steampunk fantasy, Victorian fantasy), biographies about musicians, racecar drivers, tech giants, actors, or directors, and Crime/Thriller (like Tom Clancy, Lee Child).

I avoid romance, horror, anything with extreme sexual content, most motivational and self-help non-fiction, and low fantasy.

Additional Context: I'm a Christian so I don't mind religious books but I would want to stick to Christian ones and I don't want to read fiction that's explicitly anti-religion.
David Medinas
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 19
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by David Medinas »

Most of the books from the Narnia series have strong Christian undertones -C. S. Lewis was fascinated with the bible- You should try reading them! The Magician's Nephew is my favorite!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”