Books to expand my mind.

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
ClaZig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clazig.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: Books to expand my mind.

Post by ClaZig »

Have you ever read The Dream of the Red Chamber? It's a very old Chinese book series also known as "The Story of the Stone". Besides being a beautiful story, there are many mysteries surrounding the author and the books. Some people, the "redologists", research in-depth those old mysteries. If you're trying to find a story that goes beyond the words printed on paper, this series is perfect for you.
Sukh_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sukh.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Sukh_ »

Intellectual Empathy by Maureen Linker, Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

The Power of Concentration,The Science of Getting Rich, The Art of War,The compound effect and Maximum Achievement..
ClaZig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clazig.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by ClaZig »

I would highly recommend "On a moonless night", by Dai Sijie. It's a book that is very hard to describe. It involves a centuries old mystery, a lot of spirituality (but not religion), and some metaphors and messages that make me still think about it.
Another book you might like is "The Unbearable Lightness of Being". You will either love it or hate it. Being fully honest, I simultaneously love and hate this book (yes, that's possible), but I see that as a sign that this book is quite unique.
marksm121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marksm121 »

Reading the book really changes your life.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

DANAWEB wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 23:04 The Power of Concentration,The Science of Getting Rich, The Art of War,The compound effect and Maximum Achievement..
The Art of War is amazing in how much focus it teaches.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
AngelicG
Currently Reading: Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelicg.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by AngelicG »

Freakonomics by Stephen J Dubner and Steven Levitt. It's a look at behavioural economics and raises some interesting questions. Some of the topics it looks at include incentives for cheating (and how many professions do it), drug dealing and why people do it given the high risks (and low gains except for those at the top of the chain). It has been criticised for being more sociology than economics but I think it's an interesting read.

The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown. Her TED talk is great as well as her Netflix documentary. About shame and the courage to be vulnerable.
Roshni28
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Roshni28 »

Hey!
I would like to recommend you THE SECRET by Rhonda Bryne . Its an excellent book and is an eye opening experience. It tells you how everything you do and everything that happens in your life is something that you can have absolute control over by revealing to you " the secret". For someone who's read their share of self help books I found that all these people trying to set us on a better path and all these excellent people who we think have life all figured out know the power that this book holds to some extent. And I think what everyone tries to tell you about life fate yada yada can be summed up in this book. Amazing read. Totally recommend.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

I will recommend The Pro-Achievement by Dr Deborah S. Bright.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

The Hate you Give. ByAngieThomas , I thought it was a great book . I also watched the movie

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”